• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

That helmet hook thing...

Pictures please. When I kept trying per the manual it was just too short.
I thread it through the D ring of my helmet, then thread one end of it through the other end of itself, effectively creating a "choker" on the helmet D ring, then hook the end on the hook under rear seat, hang helmet off to the side that the chain is on (driver's left), and shut the seat. I have to angle my helmet just right so that the cable loop is long enough to hook on the hook, but it doesn't require much effort. If I can think to make some, I take some pics for you later.

Nice set of pics TacomaJD. When I saw the wire loop thingy I assumed both loops went on the hook. Hadn't thought of doing it the way you demonstrated.

Nice set of pics TacomaJD. When I saw the wire loop thingy I assumed both loops went on the hook. Hadn't thought of doing it the way you demonstrated.

Here is the illustration from the Honda owner’s manual, showing use of the helmet cable as TacomaJD described. 07F866C6-3085-4BCB-B40E-CEDB67B69D5D.jpeg

Thank you for the awesome pics. I don't have a D ring but I've always just looped it around the closed strap. The provided cable is just a hair too short for me to be able to close the seat. Not secure, but I don't leave it in bad neighborhoods that way :).
I recently got a lock that should work once I figure out a pattern of how to thread it on without looking like I'm doing it for the first time.

The diagram in my manual was NO WAY that clear or detailed but I figured it out by playing with it.
Thanks for all the help, folks!

I use a cable lock made for guns. Loop it through the full face helmet, lock it to the grab rail and set the helmet on the seat.
View attachment 44884
This is a great idea, as I have always felt that a full-face helmet is best secured around the chin section. It also allows for the helmet on the seat in an upright position that prevents excessive heating from the sun and flooding from a rain shower. The only down-side I can think of is having one more key to keep track of. These make a good substitute for a U-lock on the wheel and fork or swing arm if you need to free-up a little space in your frunk. Not as formidable, granted, but really anything to delay or deter a theft that makes the job harder will usually send the perp looking elsewhere for a victim.

One good thing about these is usually you can get these for free.

All you have to do is buy a gun, and they'll give you one.
True, but the system is a little flaky. If you flunk the 4473 ATF/NICS background check you don't get the lock. Over 1.5 million rejected each year and absolutely nothing happens to the crooks who lie or cheat on their form, except rejection of the sale. You have a better chance of getting arrested for jaywalking than you do for breaking firearms purchase laws and regulations. So I guess we need more laws and regulations. They probably wouldn't use the locks anyway...

One good thing about these is usually you can get these for free.

All you have to do is buy a gun, and they'll give you one.
Around here, you can walk into a police station and ask if they have any. Project Child Safe gives these away for free.

Back