• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Last Ride of the Year - Stagecoach XX

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Who is going this year? As always, I am staying at the Windwood Inn in Bay Minette and planning to be at the dinner Thursday evening at Street's Seafood.

I am amazed how far some folks ride in from, for lunch! However, it is fun talking to folks the night before at the Inn and seafood dinner. Wish I could be there.

Got to go. Left Rose's 1901 Trading Post with Mobile Antique Motorcycle Club for a slow ride to StageCoach Res. Beautiful day, great food, good fellowship.

I went as well. The only NC'er I saw (on his ST13) was dduelin. He left early (as did I). When all the large Harley groups came in duck-walking their loud bikes through the parking lot I decided I'd rather be riding. The winning group even had a pickup truck with a yellow flashing light bar leading the parade that stopped sideways unnecessarily blocking the two lane road as they made their grand entrance. It just isn't what it started out to be and I doubt after attending for 20 years that I will return.

Looking at all of the LD kitted bikes (mostly FJR's) reminded me that I miss the fuel range I had with the auxiliary tank on my R1150, so I pulled it out of the storage trailer and cleaned it up for mounting on my GS. I was resisting the addition of the aux. tank for weight reasons, but two fuel stops for a 380 mile trip is two too many.

Looks like an easy add from my initial mock-up...

levi valdez.jpg

Happy 2017 all...

Now look you have done, Lee. Now I will have to install my extra fuel tanks on my AT. It sure is easy to forget what a good felling it is to have that extra gas along for the ride. I can't ride yet, or get on my knees, but I can stand to put on the extra fuel tanks. I developed a new physical theropy exercise today - KICK STAND UP, KICK STAND DOWN. Can not wait until those kness will bend up to the pegs!

Now look you have done, Lee. Now I will have to install my extra fuel tanks on my AT. It sure is easy to forget what a good felling it is to have that extra gas along for the ride. I can't ride yet, or get on my knees, but I can stand to put on the extra fuel tanks. I developed a new physical theropy exercise today - KICK STAND UP, KICK STAND DOWN. Can not wait until those kness will bend up to the pegs!

Jim, I hope all of your health issues get behind you quickly and you set new records in 2017. I was going to try to be satisfied with Rotopax for extra gas, but I forgot how much I hate to stop once I get rolling. I have been known to ride at night with sunglasses on because I didn't want to pull over and trade glasses. Stupid, I know, but... I don't do that any more, but I still hate a gas stop.

Like you I dislike all the loud HD's with the loud radios. I too left early. Rode my NC. Did not see another but was told one was on the way from his friend.

I rode my ST1300 this year. It seems the turnout was down some this year but I suppose that might be due to it being a work day and the low temps on Friday morning. I enjoyed the company of friends early and left around 11. Really nice ride home - the weather was gorgeous. Sorry I missed you Tew47.

Back