• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Luggage box survived a downpour!!

TechiePilot

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was very pleased to discover that the seal on the front luggage box held up quite well following one heck of a rainstorm. The helmet and other contents were quite dry, as was the rag I used to wipe down the seat and sides of the bike!!! The last thing I'd want to do is disrupt the seal by having wires protruding from inside the compartment...

I've been fortunate to not be caught out in the rain. That day of the downpour, I was at work, so I elected to stay a while longer (and get more done) as the radar indicated it would be gone in about 30mins, and it was...

Last edited:
Quite the contrary. Very dry. Were it not for the beads of water elsewhere on the bike, one might not have known it rained at all. It was as if nothing happened (as far as the internals are concerned). I was super excited to know that I could leave stuff in there and it nit get wet. At the very bottom is the insurance card and registration (hiding with the owners manual).

Hi TP, I would advise to keep the insurance and registration papers apart from the bike. If the bike is stolen, so are all the papers. (nicely wrapped up in a package for the bike thief). Well, it is nice to hear it is actually dry for you too. Take care and ride safe! ~Joe

Thanks for the well wishes & warning. The thief is unlikely to gain much from the paperwork contained therein. Furthermore, the "address" does not lead to my doorstep, and there are a few other measures I've taken to ensure the safety of my information...

Back