• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The. Motorcycle Show, Vancouver: Jan 23 - Jan 25, 2015 at the Tradex in Abbotsford

OhLuckyMan

Reaction score
Visit site
I have just bought a ticket for the show from a local bike shop, and am looking forward to the show, which I have never been to.
I understand that many motorcycle brands will have their new 2015 product on display, and that at least one local shop will have a large amount of accessories there as well.
2013 and 2014 product will be promoted on "clearance" so it is a way to get a good price for al new bike at the start of the season.
There will also be two professional bikers doing demonstrations of street bike stunts, and trials riding demos as well. Here is the website address:
The Motorcycle Show Vancouver
Has anyone here been to the show, and could they shed more light on what one might expect from it?

Ride Safe
Rob

I have just bought a ticket for the show from a local bike shop, and am looking forward to the show, which I have never been to.
I understand that many motorcycle brands will have their new 2015 product on display, and that at least one local shop will have a large amount of accessories there as well.
2013 and 2014 product will be promoted on "clearance" so it is a way to get a good price for al new bike at the start of the season.
There will also be two professional bikers doing demonstrations of street bike stunts, and trials riding demos as well. Here is the website address:
The Motorcycle Show Vancouver
Has anyone here been to the show, and could they shed more light on what one might expect from it?

Ride Safe
Rob

Hey Rob! :) Welcome to the Forum

I've been going to Vancouver Bike shows since back in '81 or so at least. Ah, the good ol' days when it was at the PNE, or even better, at the "marshmallow" (BC Place before it's new roof, lol)

Can't say I've been a fan of it located at the Tradex, really. I mean it's better than nothing, but it somehow lacks compared to the earlier shows, IMHO.

To keep this topic vaguely relevant to the "NC700" part of the NC700 General Discussion forum, I will say that I bought my NCX in Sept of 2012, sight unseen, and months prior to the 2012 (2013 technically of course) bike show. I would have really enjoyed poking and prodding an NC at the show before I bought mine though! :D

It will be interesting to see if there are any little design tweaks or peculiarities on an NC750S/X in the flesh, versus just going off of spec sheet stuff, which is almost always lacking in that regard.

AltRider will be at the show, and they are about to release some tasty looking NC700 protective parts (for the X pretty much) but who is to say an NC S owner might not be able to swap some things over with benefit?

Keep an eye out for the Amsoil girls. Well, maybe from a safe elbow-in-the-ribs distance if you're with girlfriend/wife and kids, hee hee.

Wear comfy shoes. A backpack can come in handy for swag, if you don't like hanging onto heavy plastic bags all day long. Food and drink is reeeeally $$$ and line ups are usually long. Keep that in mind for smuggling in snacks and sodas/water in the backpack (nudge, wink)

Back