• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The NC750X is a deer killer

jackthebiker

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hit a big doe this morning, deer dead, the NC750X needs some attention. Going about 55 mph, deer going fast out of the woods, through the ditch, and into the road. I have missed several lately, not this time. Brakes on and hit it about 40 mph, hit it in the body, front legs on the right, rear legs on the left. The deer took out my Givi windscreen and the fairing, rode on the handlebars with legs kicking, when I got down to 5 mph or so the deer fell in front of me and I rode over it. Never went down, deer dead, me not a scratch.
:)

Glad you are Ok. Could have gone a different way so easily.
I killed a deer in 1993 with my 1992 Gold Wing Aspencade. Hit it about 60 mph, came out of the woods full speed and I had no time to even hit the brakes, would have been time maybe if I wasn't trying to find my favorite Rod Stewart song on the cassette player. Never went down that time either, I had a little bigger bike. Destroyed my fairing, but still driveable. Deer flew over my head and landed in the ditch dead.

Wow fun experience eh? Glad you weren't hurt.

I had one hit me with a glancing blow two years ago, scared us both lol...and came around a curve in the early 2000's on my Nighthawk 750 and found a herd of maybe 4 or 5 standing in the road. I braked hard, they split up and started scrambling ( I could clearly hear hooves clapping on asphalt) and I went right between them. We all lucked out on that one too.

Whenever people mention deer around me I can't help but exclaim my eternal hatred for them. When I tell people about these kinds of things, they kind of get it.

Rural folk don't need convincing though. I wish I had the right equipment to hunt the deer! Bring back the wolves imo, less deer please.

An insurance guy told me, if you live and drive in deer country, averages are you hit a deer once every 10 years.

Glad you're OK. Agree on deer being reduced in numbers along with wild turkeys around here anyway. Not sure woofs are the right answer though. I got attacked by a herd of turkeys a few days ago on my Mini bike...minding my own business at maybe 40 mph and they ran and flew in front of me...maybe a louder pipe is the answer. These were all toms and jakes so maybe they were just horny.

An insurance guy told me, if you live and drive in deer country, averages are you hit a deer once every 10 years.
yep, I live in deer country....I have hit 2 with my jeep cherokees in the past 20 years and 3-4 years ago, a deer t-boned me on my Suzuki C50, put me and the bike down on asphalt...the 2 I hit with the Jeeps, died....the one that t-boned me was still running across the field the last I saw it....I am a deer hunter and harvest a couple each year....

Hit a big doe this morning, deer dead, the NC750X needs some attention. Going about 55 mph, deer going fast out of the woods, through the ditch, and into the road. I have missed several lately, not this time. Brakes on and hit it about 40 mph, hit it in the body, front legs on the right, rear legs on the left. The deer took out my Givi windscreen and the fairing, rode on the handlebars with legs kicking, when I got down to 5 mph or so the deer fell in front of me and I rode over it. Never went down, deer dead, me not a scratch.
:)

Wow. Thank God you are okay. The image I conjure up is a little disarming. You can't train away the risk of riding down the road with a 120 pound doe on the handlebars. Not sure what I would have done. I hope that we have the same composure and expertise that you demonstrated should that ever happen to any one of us.

Wow. Thank God you are okay. The image I conjure up is a little disarming. You can't train away the risk of riding down the road with a 120 pound doe on the handlebars. Not sure what I would have done. I hope that we have the same composure and expertise that you demonstrated should that ever happen to any one of us.
Every thing seemed in slow motion, at one point the deers head was close to mine and we could see into each others eye. Spooky. :oops:

Back