• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

The Oil filter for NC700X, it's funny, how many other bikes it fits

I'll think that you may find that Honda oil filters fit other Japanese bikes as well. I know that it's the same as some Kawasaki (same as my W800)and maybe some Yamaha bikes.

And other cars also. The same Bosch 3323 I use on my Honda NC700 and Yamaha FJR1300 also fits the wife's Acura TL.

Yes when I got mine from the dealer I said I didn't think you would have it,he said it fits half the bikes in the showroom and others.

At the moment I am riding with a yamaha filter... Same as honda as for specs.

Not much to invent on the engine oil filters I presume...

Had it due to no honda filters available that time, now will make the change in the next two weeks and got already honda oil filter.

Thanks all who took their time to create this post. I appreciate it.

I did read the faq but didn't see this thread. I saw the recommended filters list.

Maybe the faq could be updated from "What aftermarket filters fit the NC700?" to include that troublesome word "oil"

Thanks all who took their time to create this post. I appreciate it.

I did read the faq but didn't see this thread. I saw the recommended filters list.

Maybe the faq could be updated from "What aftermarket filters fit the NC700?" to include that troublesome word "oil"
Thanks for the suggestion. I took care of it. I always appreciate suggestions to improve the FAQ.

Thanks Mr. MW. That's an impressive amount of words you collected. Very kind of you to invest the time to compile it for all of us.

Oil filter

Oil filter for my 2014 NC700X DCT is the same as the one on my my son's 2005 Vulcan 800.

Around 88-89, Honda made a conscious effect to use only one filter for all new engine designed from that point forward. The only exceptions are dirt and dual-sport models with single cylinder engines.

And I think the thread size/pitch and mounting flange is common for lot of other brands of bikes and cars.

Around 88-89, Honda made a conscious effect to use only one filter for all new engine designed from that point forward. The only exceptions are dirt and dual-sport models with single cylinder engines.

And I think the thread size/pitch and mounting flange is common for lot of other brands of bikes and cars.
I've heard the same thing, even the ones that show up with different numbers in the filter book end up being the same (ok slightly different lengths but otherwise the same) once you look into it more.
I think the little sports coupe the Honda S2000 has a odd ball filter for some reason.

I'm using a car filter on my NC, it's slightly longer but otherwise the same, same filter medium, thread, circumference and bypass resistance as the same brand but listed for the NC, Easier to come by and a little extra filter [emoji1360]

I use the filter for my Honda pickup on my NCX. Same mounting dimensions, and that’s the same filter for _nearly_ all their cars for many, many years now. That kind of standardization is very handy.

Even cross brands...I can use the Honda NC700x filter on my Suzuki Boulevard C50; same mounting dimensions. However, the listed filter for the C50 filter wont fit on the Honda (a little too long).

Is there some other filter I should consider installing prior to my long trip? It'll probably be 8-9k miles total, often on gravel.

Oil change interval is 8k miles. I believe the filter change interval listed in the owner’s manual is 16k miles.

With that said... I change the filter each time I change the oil. I use any filter from the local store that fits my 2010 Honda CR-V.
My preference is the Mobil 1 M1-110. It is longer than the stock motorcycle filter. The M1-108 is the same length as the stock MC filter (fine for the cycle but not for my car).

JT

Last edited:
Is there some other filter I should consider installing prior to my long trip? It'll probably be 8-9k miles total, often on gravel.
I've stretched my oil changes to every 10k and valve check/adjustment to 20k. (Just easier for me to keep track of)
I started doing this when my NC had 30k or 40k on the odometer, I'm currently just under 90,000 miles and my NC still runs like the day I got it.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, change the oil before your trip and enjoy your ride.

P.s. Tires are more of a concern, i have PR4's last me 14k on the rear and and over 24k on the front.
Good luck with your prep and don't forget to report back after your ride

I've stretched my oil changes to every 10k and valve check/adjustment to 20k. (Just easier for me to keep track of)
I started doing this when my NC had 30k or 40k on the odometer, I'm currently just under 90,000 miles and my NC still runs like the day I got it.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, change the oil before your trip and enjoy your ride.

P.s. Tires are more of a concern, i have PR4's last me 14k on the rear and and over 24k on the front.
Good luck with your prep and don't forget to report back after your ride
I just put on a set of 705s, figuring they should do better on gravel. Hopefully I don't have to replace the tires on the trip but we'll see.

I just put on a set of 705s, figuring they should do better on gravel. Hopefully I don't have to replace the tires on the trip but we'll see.
As with most every other forum favorite tire, I've heard people say they get as little as 7,000 miles out of a rear 705 but I've also heard people saying they get double that (14,000 miles) I usually get right around double the miles out of a front tire as I do a rear (24,000-27,000 miles) so if your not blatantly aggressive on your trip I'd think you should be fine for the length of your journey [emoji1360]

I'm the sorta guy who tends to go through tires quickly. I got 5k to BALD out of a set of Road5s, on a bike that "only" puts 107hp to the tire.

Back