• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Things I can't complain about on my NC (AKA........ things I love)

showkey

Super Mods
Reaction score
Visit site
Things I love:

1. The PRICE

2. The "frunk"

3. Engine "power band" low end torque

4. MPG

5. The Fuel injection..........perfect fueling all the time, every time.

Things I love:

1. The PRICE

2. The "frunk"

3. Engine "power band" low end torque

4. MPG

5. The Fuel injection..........perfect fueling all the time, every time.

Ah, yes. What showkey said, plus:

6. Great handling.

7. It's smooth and quiet.

On my 2000 mile SGT trip, I never stopped wanting to ride this bike. It's just plain fun. I think that says it all.

I'm going to be positive and hang out here, rather than on the complaint department thread.

Greg

Ah, yes. What showkey said, plus:

6. Great handling.

7. It's smooth and quiet.

On my 2000 mile SGT trip, I never stopped wanting to ride this bike. It's just plain fun. I think that says it all.

I'm going to be positive and hang out here, rather than on the complaint department thread.

Greg

I don't know about anyone else, but I took the "complaint department" topic as more or less a tongue in cheek kinda thing, versus a *real* serious type of thread.

Aside from that poor bastard Glenbo, I think 99% of all the "complaints" (mine included) are pretty mild and reaching, some of them humourously sarcastic even. ;)

All of the above mentioned reasons. I have ridden cruisers for 18 years, always liked the looks of the rockets, but couldn't fathom only being able to use two gears on the silly thing before I was breaking pretty much every speed limit in North America. Didn't make sense to me. Welcome the NC. The looks, styling and handling of a rocket with the practicality of something that will haul baggage and can go farther than 150km on a tank of fuel. Awesome idea HONDA.

I love everything about my bike. I really do, the torque is great (just needs more of them), the riding position is (almost) perfect, the seat is fine (most of the time), the fuel economy is great (I do dip into the high 50s MPG range, but I then I flog my bike), the quietness is pretty good most of the time (though I really want it to be louder a bit), it's just the right size (except when lanesplitting in really tight spots, then the handlebars and mirros jut out a bit)... I really do love my bike, my Honeybadger, it does everything I want it to do, and does them well.

My most favorite feature is the low center of gravity. I rode around my 500R as a comparison, and although the 500 is a smaller bike, it was a bit harder to throw around than Honeybadger (the NC).

I'm hardly in position to contribute here due to my motorcycle knowledge resting on scooters up to couple of months ago.
But then again, NC being my first bike and me spending my free time either modding it or planning new mods like I'm not going to by a new one, loving everything about it, might actually mean something:)

A small example; rain this spring in Switzerland and cold just wont stop. Yet I am actually looking forward every commuting and putting my rain gear on :)

I like the smoothness and the handling. This thing is just plain fun to ride. Unlike, Greg, I think I'm going to keep reading the Complaint Department thread though. I kinda like to see how many times my first reaction to a post is "I can't believe this is all we have to gripe about".

Bob

Yes I like the torque /low center of grav/frunck/under seat tank/single point injection/,,,but one of my favorites about this bike is the foot position,,I feel so comfortable riding it,I can rest my great hooves between the riders and passengers foot pegs,and its sooooo comfy ,,yip old mother Honda excelled herself when she hatched this one....yes there is crap stuff as well ,but that for the other 99% of this site...

Being a year-round bike commuter and coming from a carbureted bike, I love the fuel injection and not having to go outside in the sub-freezing weather at 2 or 3 a.m. and fart around with a choke knob. My close-enough-to-spit-on neighbors probably love the reduced warm-up time in the winter and the much quieter engine all year long.

not sure I understand the new ctx700 thing with the forward pegs. like the idea just think it would be uncomfortable after awhile, unlike an old 93 harley electric glide classic with floor boards...to me...perfectly placed. would think our nc700x pegs below you would be more comfortable then the new ctx700 ones.

A NC700x is like a bowl of grits - it tastes like whatever you put on it, and you can make it whatever you want, but in plain form it is a bit bland.

(BTW: Not dissing it. I am a big fan of grits for the same reasons - you can farkle them)

Last edited:
I love the smoothness, the low end torque, the frunk of course, the low cog, the low volume (the nice sound), the riding position.
And I really liked the cost.
The Honda reliability.
The Honda service manual. How many manufacturers have such a great manual available to the public?

Last edited:
I don't know about anyone else, but I took the "complaint department" topic as more or less a tongue in cheek kinda thing, versus a *real* serious type of thread.

Aside from that poor bastard Glenbo, I think 99% of all the "complaints" (mine included) are pretty mild and reaching, some of them humourously sarcastic even. ;)
Yes, completely for fun, but some take it way to seriously. We are all here for the love of our bike.

Back