• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Those who have moved onto next bikes

Hiya Happy. Good to see You are well.

I once got that Novel BM virus many years ago. However I got cured and am now immune. I take plenty of vitamin H ever since and that keep me healthy !

Don't have a pic but i got a killer deal on a leftover 2014 CB1100 two years ago and love it but still have my second NC and my DR650

I haven't moved on; I’ve merely branched out. The latest acquisition was a CRF250 Rally. The NC remains in the stable and likely will for a very long time, along with the GL1800 and Ruckus scooter.

Yesterday, I was on the CRF following a route through the woods, when the mapped road turned into a semi dry riverbed, which led to a washed out bridge. While these types of rides could awkwardly be done on the NC, the NC is definitely not the better tool for the job. I attempted to make a second NC into a dual sport of sorts, but it proved unsuccessful.

So, for two up rides, grab the Goldwing; for single street rides, go for the NC; for exploring forest routes, take the CRF; for putting around the neighborhood, ride the scooter. It's nice to have the right tool for the job.

F43F9073-66FA-41FC-853B-848459D1042F.jpeg239C7A0A-97C9-4796-BF20-DCC49ADE620A.jpeg
BC183427-DE8F-4B48-90DC-A1BAB7B71416.jpeg

Last edited:
I haven't moved on; I’ve merely branched out. The latest acquisition was a CRF250 Rally. The NC remains in the stable and likely will for a very long time, along with the GL1800 and Ruckus scooter.

Yesterday, I was on the CRF following a route through the woods, when the mapped road turned into a semi dry riverbed, which led to a washed out bridge. While these types of rides could awkwardly be done on the NC, the NC is definitely not the better tool for the job. I attempted to make a second NC into a dual sport of sorts, but it proved unsuccessful.

So, for two up rides, grab the Goldwing; for single street rides, go for the NC; for exploring forest routes, take the CRF; for putting around the neighborhood, ride the scooter. It's nice to have the right tool for the job.

View attachment 42087View attachment 42088
View attachment 42089
Nice Greg...What river is that in Illinois?

Nice Greg...What river is that in Illinois?
That is the Little Buffalo River, near Jasper, Arkansas. I made a last minute plan to come here for 4 nights after seeing the weather was forcasted to be 70* and partly cloudy. I was afraid next week might get into the 80s and/or get stormy. I need to head back home Thursday because I have no desire to get caught up with the holiday camping crowd.

That is the Little Buffalo River, near Jasper, Arkansas. I made a last minute plan to come here for 4 nights after seeing the weather was forcasted to be 70* and partly cloudy. I was afraid next week might get into the 80s and/or get stormy. I need to head back home Thursday because I have no desire to get caught up with the holiday camping crowd.
Sweet...must be nice to be retired....hehehe.... I wanted to go camping this weekend, not to far from home; however, the camp grounds in Indiana and Ky are still closed and the wife said NO to the Smokies this weekend....afraid I may be around too many people...

I still have the Nc700x, 2015 with 15,000 miles.
This is for big trips. Shown in Canada last summer.

As the song goes, I moved on but I didn't really leave. Moved on to a Triumph Tiger 800, which ended up not being the perfect machine I thought it might be. It went out the door, which left me with the NC700 still patiently waiting for my attention. The NC is such a good all around bike that I never sold it. So, until I buy my next unicorn I'll keep enjoying the NC's many virtues.

As the song goes, I moved on but I didn't really leave. Moved on to a Triumph Tiger 800, which ended up not being the perfect machine I thought it might be. It went out the door, which left me with the NC700 still patiently waiting for my attention. The NC is such a good all around bike that I never sold it. So, until I buy my next unicorn I'll keep enjoying the NC's many virtues.
What was disappointing about the Tiger? It has been on my "next" list for a while, but the 750X is still plenty good enough at this point...

Back