• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Thoughts on my new NC700X

pfettig77

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a 2013 NCX on Friday and finally got a chance to put a couple hours on it. I'm coming from a 2012 G650GS and I guess I was looking for something with a little more road worthiness. The thing I like best about the NC is the torquey smooth engine. Much different than the single of the BMW. The NC seems like the Swiss Army Knife of bikes. I feel like I can go anywhere I want on the thing. I did lose a little bit of off road ability but I think it's worth it (plus it has road tires so when I get the shinko 705s it'll improve off road quite a bit I would think). I also like how tall it sits and the relative comfort of the seat compared to the GS (if you ever thought your NC seat was bad I invite you sit on a GS seat for a couple hours). I'm excited to put the frunk to use - that's what pushed me over the edge between the NC and the CB500X.

I have a couple small gripes but the biggest one is that the Seat Concepts seat invites you to sit back a ways and consequently I feel like I'm really hunched over to reach the bars - like a sport bike. I'm too old for that. Would adding bar risers and tilting the bars back help with that?

It came with the rack from hondabikepro (just noticed that the previous owner is a member here) and an attached case. The case is huge and seems really sturdy. It just swallowed my backpacking tent. It also has a back rest which the seller tells me is the bee's knees. That and the added highway pegs gives it the ability to make it ride like a cruiser if a position change is needed.
20191007_190741.jpg
20191007_190752.jpg

Based on my experience, bar risers are a huge plus for ride comfort. You can go with 2 inch risers and still make it work with the existing cables and wiring. I hope eventually to get to 3.2 inch rise but that involves longer clutch and throttle cables (from the CTX700), along with extending the wiring. It’s all doable but just takes time.

If you are going to plasti-coat it, maybe some non-factory colors? Here are some quick photoshops of pfettig77's nice picture:

nc700x_pink.jpg

nc700x_blue.jpg

nc700x_green.jpg

nc700x_orange.jpg

Congrats on the new bike! Also, you can't compare a BMW seat to an NC seat in terms of comfort if yours already has the Seat Concepts seat LOL. You are really missing out on the primitive experience the oem NC seat has to offer. I've had a bunch of bikes, NC oem seat is worst I've ever sat on for miles at a time. I have the Seat Concepts seat on mine, tremendous improvement over the stocker.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congrats...I did the same as you back in 2013...I traded my 2009 BMW G650gs in on the 2013 NC700x (mine is red also)...nothing wrong with the G650gs, just got tired of listening to that big single cylinder at highway speeds...specs on both bikes are very similiar...approx same HP, approx same mpg, approx same top speed....just the noise of that dang engine and no frunk!

Seat comfort depends on the individual. I find the 2018 NC OEM seat pretty doggone comfortable. Haven't done an Iron Butt with the bike, but rides of 5 hours out and 5 hours back was no problem. In the past I changed the seat on a Triumph Explorer and had cushion work done on a BMW GSA so they haven't all been a good fit for me. Did they change the seat on the '18?

The NC700/750X seems to offer the best of 2 bikes. The low-revving torque of a cruiser, the low center of gravity of a cruiser but the handling & comfort of a standard style bike. Before getting mine I read road tests & people complained about hitting the rev limiter all the time. Not me. I hit it just once, after following a slow car down a busy country road. Waited 20+ minutes to pass so I was a bit impatient. In normal riding I'm around 3,000-5,000 rpm most of the time.

Sorry for the slow response, I was traveling and didn't have access.
Try J P Cycles, also note, others may be cheaper. Good Luck.

Ok.......thank you.
Is there only one model from ROX that's 2" or several. No part / model #....?. I'm well aware there's 2 5" risers.....prefer 2". TIA

Ok.......thank you.
Is there only one model from ROX that's 2" or several. No part / model #....?. I'm well aware there's 2 5" risers.....prefer 2". TIA
ROX has 2 inch risers for different handle bar diameters, at both the top and bottom of the riser. Be sure to sick with 7/8” for both ends of the riser if you want to stay with the stock bars. You may also be able to buy them in natural or black colors, so buy what color you prefer.

I've never used ROX brand but I've heard good things, I'm cheap so I bought these instead

CNC Motorcycle Riser Lifting Handlebar Clamp for Honda NC700X NC700S NC750X NC750S CB500F CB500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MJTSGV7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FdahEbHMFNZSP

They work, bars haven't moved and I've put 4,000 miles, around 200 off road, so I'm a satisfied customer

I'll be sticking with the OEM bars......wasn't aware there were different sizes for both ends of riser.
Understood rippin209......thanks , both of you! !!.

Back