• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tires on Amazon

gpd211

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Road 3 from Amazon on Thursday afternoon. I had looked around and Amazon had the best price. Their price was only about $1.50 cheaper (total), but I'm a prime member and 2 day shipping was free on both tires. I was surprised to find the tires on my door step on Friday. These will be mounted late April in preparation for a trip (more on that later).

Total for both tires was $295.30

My only concern about ordering tires from Amazon was how long the tires had been sitting. Both were manufactured in the second half of 2012. The fronts date code is 2812 and the rear is 4812

I don't have any affiliation with Amazon or Michelin. Just thought I would pass on the best deal I found.

The problem I've had with buying my tires online is that the local shops charge for mounting a tire you bring in, but it's included in the price if you buy the tire from them. So I get a better price on the tire but pay just as much in the end once it's mounted.

My only concern about ordering tires from Amazon was how long the tires had been sitting. Both were manufactured in the second half of 2012. The fronts date code is 2812 and the rear is 4812

Amazon does not have the market cornered on older tires.......can happen from any vendor.........but 6 months to year can be very common and maybe the norm..........considering many tires are not made in the US and made in batches where a years supply can be made in one run and then the line is switched to the next tire model.

A lot of car tire dealers will change motorcycle tires and at a cheaper price. One in my area only charger $25 to mount or fix a flat.

The problem I've had with buying my tires online is that the local shops charge for mounting a tire you bring in, but it's included in the price if you buy the tire from them. So I get a better price on the tire but pay just as much in the end once it's mounted.

I mount and balance my own tires and have for years. Amazing how quickly equipment can be paid for from the savings. I've saved enough just changing my own tires that I could pay for all the equipment several times over

My Honda dealership wants $100 to change and balance tires they sold you and $150 otherwise. It seems like a lot of money to me. I'm going to have to do some shopping around. The Dyna Beads seem like a good product and would greatly increase the ease of balancing a the tires.

I had them in My old Goldwing tires. The only problem that I could think of would be a flat. The beads would probably stick to the plug.

My Honda dealership wants $100 to change and balance tires they sold you and $150 otherwise. It seems like a lot of money to me. I'm going to have to do some shopping around. The Dyna Beads seem like a good product and would greatly increase the ease of balancing a the tires.

take the wheels off the bike and take them in with the new tire... price should be much cheaper. I have a guy that mounts and balances for $20-$25 (varies for some reason).
He actually let me pull the bike in his shop and remove my rear tire myself once when I needed an inspection as well. But I have a VFR so that is only a 5 minute job (single sided swing arm).

I ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Road 3 from Amazon on Thursday afternoon. I had looked around and Amazon had the best price. Their price was only about $1.50 cheaper (total), but I'm a prime member and 2 day shipping was free on both tires. I was surprised to find the tires on my door step on Friday. These will be mounted late April in preparation for a trip (more on that later).

Total for both tires was $295.30

I don't have any affiliation with Amazon or Michelin. Just thought I would pass on the best deal I found.

Thanks again for the tip. I just bought the same set for $295.30 That was 7-8 bucks cheaper than the closest competitor.

Back