• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

TMS Top Case

Agent

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been looking for some cheap luggage for the occasional road trip but have been putting off buying anything. I'm considering this TMS XL Top Case.

Does anyone else have any experience with this case? I also found the World Pride case and noticed that Strattuner uses one. They look almost identical.

Well, it is ordered and should be here in a week or so. I'm hoping to build a carrier for it myself. Maybe I'll be able to do a write-up on it soon.

I have a similar El Cheapo and it does great.

[video=youtube_share;JkJ0L5tl0BQ]https://youtu.be/JkJ0L5tl0BQ[/video]

I've been looking for some cheap luggage for the occasional road trip but have been putting off buying anything. I'm considering this TMS XL Top Case.

Does anyone else have any experience with this case? I also found the World Pride case and noticed that Strattuner uses one. They look almost identical.

Yes, I have both models...the less expensive one you mentioned and then the other model they make.
Please see [THIS] for the whole thread or [THIS] for pictures.

Both cases are GOOD products. They are spacious, reasonably well made, and durable....
all in all... a good value.

I've added LCD light strips [HERE] under the red lenses on the back on both cases. They are made by the same company and vary only in style. The bases they connect to are IDENTICAL. Right now, I have [THIS] one mounted.

That same top box, rebranded, sells for $150 !!! see [HERE]....

or if you want to pay even more for the same item, see [THIS]!

Last edited:
What mounting system did you have to get with it?
EDIT: After doing some digging on the forums, I found that it does appear that the GIVI 1111FZ will fit the base from the TMS case. I've ordered it and will do some sort of review when it comes in.

Last edited:
[HERE] is the TMS base bolted to the Givi support arms. The support arms didn't come with their own mounting "base", but they really didn't need to.

I finally got a chance to put it all together yesterday. Many thanks to you StratTuner for the idea about the aluminum bar stock. You were correct. The TMS base plate does not line up at all with the Givi 1111fz bolt holes. My wife saw the video and said, "man, you sound frustrated at the end." That is because I was. Anyway, my 8 year old's mind is now officially blown because I am on YouTube.

This is the link to the video on how I did it.

Last edited:
I just watched the video, and it seems very professionally done. Nice work, there Agent!

True, the Givi bars and the TMS platform mounting holes don't match, so I used one wide piece of flat bar in the front and one in back . (Nylon threaded bolts with lock washers so they won't vibrate off.)
Here's the best photo I can take.
The flat bar needs to be wide enough to cover the Givi arm and TMS holes.

The rear has more holes in it so that I can ziptie the top box through the flat bar from inside the top box.
The TMS hand bolt also screws inside the top box and down into the metal threaded hole in the platform.
It's meant to come on and off with NO tools, but I added a couple zip tie holes to re-inforce it.

Here's the REAR bolts...
flatbar1.jpg

and then in the FRONT....
One bolt for the Givi arms, one for the TMS platform through the flat bar. Unites the two well...
flatbar2.jpg

Inside the case, you can see the TMS hand operated bolt that goes through the bottom and down into the platform.
I've got one zip tie over that so it can't come loose. (this one goes through the flat bar bracket)

There are two more zip tie points on the right and left about middle. These two zip tie to the platform underneath.

I can take the whole thing off (or change boxes) with cutters in less than five minutes.

(I have two top boxes to mount: the TMS one and a much larger one for camping. Both ziptie to the platform and are solid, dependable, easy, mounts.)
flatbar3.jpg

I'm starting to re-create the "top box recipe" post I did....that's found [HERE].

The taped mess in the upper right of this frame is the wiring that drives the LED lights I put under the red lens on the back of the TMS box... Both boxes use the same SAE quick connect to power their respective lighting.

Here are the lights added to the TMS top box. (I have a weight on the brake to make them their brightest.)
boxlights.jpg

Last edited:
Back