• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tooks Sportband Dryfit

Cyclerosis

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the same Nuvi 750 GPS for several years and also purchased a lifetime map update, so I have no impetus to buy a new one. This device came without bluetooth so I have to use a wired headset when I take it on my bike. I had been using a good pair of ear buds that continually fell out either when donning the helmet, or worse, afterwards. So I solved that problem by putting the ear buds in and wearing a headband over the top of them. That worked very well, however, on a long ride those things really irritate my ears. After doing a bit of research, I stumbled across a similar device but with flat speakers inserted in pockets within the headband. So today was the test day. Riding 50 to 55 mph, you can hear the GPS turn by turn directions very well, but listening to music while riding at that speed diminishes the sound quality significantly. Although the quality is pretty good at slower speeds I didn't expect them to give me great sound, so I'm not disappointed. They work well enough that I'll be able to hear directions and not be distracted from the road and they don't irritate my ear canal.

Tooks Product Page - Headphone Beanies : Headphone Headbands

I found when on my ALCAN adventure that the service that you use for your phone makes a big difference when in another county. ATT does not work in Canada, unless you pay extra fees, as Canada is another county. Even if you pay the extra fees as I did, the use of your device is at best sometimes. So, you will be stopping and asking people for directions. Not bad, really meet some nice folks in Canada. One couple even went ahead of me, and lead me though the township to the route to the US boarder.

Scan_Pic0027.jpg

More fun talking to people than some machine!

Back