• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Box recipe (photos)

I have the same setup but with the smaller 21(?)L GIVI topcase that I painted to pretty closely match the bike.
It has the quick disconnect feature which is really nice. I have not installed the GIVI LED module in the lid.

Attachments

• 20141023_165752.jpg
    20141023_165752.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 449
I too have the same box the OP posted on my NC. I bought it as a cheap top box for my CRF250L which if I dropped and broke I would not be too upset or out of too much money. When I bought the NC, I put it on her and it works great and holds TONS of stuff. I have actually now ordered 2 more to use as side cases as they are CHEAP but work well. I will post pics when ALL 3 boxes are mounted but for now, here is MY NC with the OP 51L EL Cheapo Box.12034445_10207564239294905_3483734068783156353_o.jpg12027378_10207564227094600_9090398625514090828_o.jpg

Thanks for posting pictures guys. I want to get some sort of top box and saddle bag system, but I'm just not sure what I want. It kills me that the box is cheaper than the mounting hardware though.

Just an observation on the case/base durability. The type of base that uses two "posts" on the forward corners of the base mimics Givi's Monokey line of luggage. The bases that use a single wide opening at the front of the base mimic Monolock cases. Givi markets the two types of luggage lines of Monokey and Monolock kind of like heavy duty and lighter duty. Shad, Kappa, Besteem and others make cases and boxes that can readily attach to both Givi-type bases. The need to reinforce, reengineer, or repair Monolock type bases when used on motorcycles like the NC may have nothing to do with initial cost of the boxes and bases but rather the loads the types of cases endure in use.

......OH and I would like to add......I have been over 200 miles off road with my El Cheapo Box with not one issue. When I mount the side cases I will take good pics of this but:::::the mounting plates actually have other places for you to add more reinforcement by simply drilling 2 more holes into the box and adding 2 more wing nuts and bolts. These boxes are pretty easy to remove as all you have ot do is open and undo one wing/round bolt and done. On the side cases I am going to add 2 other Wing/Round Bolts and Nuts to reinforce the boxes but still have it relatively easy to take off.

Thanks for posting pictures guys. I want to get some sort of top box and saddle bag system, but I'm just not sure what I want. It kills me that the box is cheaper than the mounting hardware though.

Well... there are lots of boxes that cost more than the $112 Givi hardware... GIVI makes some of them, and I'm sure the $150 boxes are very nice.:)

Back