• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Speed Situations

mburgess

Reaction score
Visit site
We all know that the NC700X is not built for speed. Furthermore, nobody on this site condones breaking the law. This is for informational purposes. What is the top speed you have witnessed from a NC700X or NC750X? :cool: I will start off with a 0 to 60 mph real quick. around 6 seconds. I have witnessed 90 to 100 mph real slow. please inform the community of any top end speeds on a closed course.:confused::cool:

The 0-60 time for the NC is slow by motorcycle standards. The best time I have seen is 4.9 seconds with most tests somewhere in the fives. It is, however, quicker than most cars and the low-end torque is good. My Zero gets to 60 in just over 3 seconds and a powerful supersport can get to 60 in under 3 seconds with a proper launch. On the NC I do miss the power on the top end. However with a downshift or two it gets the job done - but it will never scare you. I test rode a 160 hp BMW S1000XR about a month ago and a bike like that will scare you. There are times on the freeway where it would be nice to just give it a little twist in 6th and take off but that's just not what the NC is about and I knew that when I bought it. Around town I find that it has plenty of power. As far as top speed I have been into the low 100's a couple times (and it takes its sweet time getting there) on an empty freeway but I haven't completely maxed it out. Once I get above 100 I have a very rational fear of attracting the special attention of the Highway Patrol.

We all know that the NC700X is not built for speed. Furthermore, nobody on this site condones breaking the law. This is for informational purposes. What is the top speed you have witnessed from a NC700X or NC750X? :cool: I will start off with a 0 to 60 mph real quick. around 6 seconds. I have witnessed 90 to 100 mph real slow. please inform the community of any top end speeds on a closed course.:confused::cool:

I can neither confirm nor deny that the 2016 NC700XD that's in my garage tops out at 117 mph and takes quite a bit of road to get there. I weigh 170 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can neither confirm nor deny that the 2016 NC700XD that's in my garage tops out at 117 mph and takes quite a bit of road to get there. I weigh 170 lbs.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that's faster than I would have guessed. Can you confirm or deny if you were in a tuck? You must have been, er...hypothetically.

Downhill with a stiff tailwind....maybe.

47 rwhp and 500 lbs is an honest 105mph bike. Don't trust the speedometer until it's checked against a GPS or known time/distance.

I may or may not have gotten enough runway and time to see 98 mph on the dash ONCE. It wasn't there for long and won't be there again, because I feel like this guy every time I get on the interstate.

[video=youtube;AArsrcX6yCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AArsrcX6yCs[/video]

107mph (indicated).... twice done- Once on a straight steep downhill while tucked with no wind. The other- tailwind, slight downhill, tucked, tight leathers... I now exercise my 5th amendment rights as to where, when. :D

The mathematics say that for a NC700x to reach 117 mph it would have to be running at 6,250 rpm in 6th gear!

If, IF the bike could pull even say, 5,800 rpm in 6th the max speed would only be about 108.

My experience is that the stock speedo is very, very accurate (comparing to my Garmin 590LM). If anyone is seeing those high speeds I'm pretty sure a nice tailwind and slight downhill run are helping quite a bit. On flat ground and no tail wind? I think not.

I have hit 90 quite a few times passing on back roads. The NC700X gets there pretty fast. 100 is only for those with patience... lots of patience and road...

I've seen an indicated 111mph on my NCX, on a closed course, and the bike was accelerating. My speedo reads 2.5-3% high vs GPS with the current tire and its state of wear. That was 2-up, with the Honda Touring windscreen and Honda saddlebags, plus my aux lights, horns, etc.; exactly how I ride it on the street, and we were just sitting upright like normal. How is this even possible? A solid tailwind, and the pavement tilted down shortly before I closed the throttle. :)

I have no idea how fast the bike will go on normal roads and under normal conditions; I simply don't ride it like that.

Last edited:
I hit 170km/h when I decided to see how fast it would go sitting straight up in my regular seating position. The next time I tried was going the opposite direction on the same section of road and it seemed to max out at 168. I am sure it would have gone faster if I were to tuck myself behind the diminutive shield.

In Ontario Canada do any speed higher than 50kph over the posted speed and the ride is taken away plus your insurance rates go up drastically. Most ON highways thats only 140kph (87mph). Just not worth taking the chance.

The top speed was never "tried". It was for me 140-150kmh....easy to achieve. I have the Touring shield and a Honda topbox.
I weigh say about 75kg + 10kg gear.

97, on the flat, fully loaded for camping, 220lb rider, large windscreen

(in texas, briefly, where the posted speed limit is 85!)

When my wife was pregnant with our son, there were two times when she wound up in the ER from incidents at work. I work ~ 60 miles away and my NC may have indicated 103 (on a closed course :rolleyes:) on one of those days. Oddly enough, my grandmother's voice kept whispering "Drive slow, drive slow" so I backed out of it. She does that from time to time.

Back