• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Torque setting for handlebar ends.

hoyden

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know the torque setting for NC750X 2018 handlebar ends?

Honda handlebar guards instructions stating 10Nm but seems low and other forum stating 22Nm. Fitting Givi handlebar guards and can't find the information anywhere.

Cheers.

I don't have the torque settings for this...just a free internet opinion. I fiddle with my bar ends twice a year to re and re my winter hand guards. Mine are kept in with a long philips screw. I use the tight enough screw driver tight. The screw has so much thread on it that you would see the bar end hanging out before they actually fell off for being under torqued. If my answer is displeasing please ignore :)

The 2012 Honda service manual instructs one to install a new handlebar weight screw (possibly because the screws come precoated with thread locker) and tighten to 10 N-m. We could assume the instructions for a 2018 model would be the same.
55B583FA-F9D2-4B5A-A1DB-170A33A8FAE9.jpeg

I don't have the torque settings for this...just a free internet opinion. I fiddle with my bar ends twice a year to re and re my winter hand guards. Mine are kept in with a long philips screw. I use the tight enough screw driver tight. The screw has so much thread on it that you would see the bar end hanging out before they actually fell off for being under torqued. If my answer is displeasing please ignore :)
Thanks for the advice, apologies it's taken a while to respond. Was fitting Givi hand guards. The torque value is 10 Nm but everything else on the hand guard will warp before that's reached so applied thread locker and tightened up.

Back