• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

trade 2012 nc700x for 2016+ dct?

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
Hum, have a 2019 goldwing tourer dct plus my 2012 nc700x and an aprilia mana 850gt cvt. I do like a manual on the nc700x though maybe getting older and no longer want to change gears with a clutch. How crazy would it be to change from my 2012 700 to a 2016 or newer dct since that is the year the improved the dct? I know 2014 was the first year for the 750. Guess I could try to trade my chain nc700x with someone in the south east looking to unload their dct. Though won't hold my breath waiting for such an event to happen. That would leave me with having to sell my 2012 with 6,500 miles on it. Does not seem to be a big market for used nc bikes though.
Thanks for any input, just seems the extra 50cc would be nice along with dct.

Hum, have a 2019 goldwing tourer dct plus my 2012 nc700x and an aprilia mana 850gt cvt. I do like a manual on the nc700x though maybe getting older and no longer want to change gears with a clutch. How crazy would it be to change from my 2012 700 to a 2016 or newer dct since that is the year the improved the dct? I know 2014 was the first year for the 750. Guess I could try to trade my chain nc700x with someone in the south east looking to unload their dct. Though won't hold my breath waiting for such an event to happen. That would leave me with having to sell my 2012 with 6,500 miles on it. Does not seem to be a big market for used nc bikes though.
Thanks for any input, just seems the extra 50cc would be nice along with dct.
Well, in the United States, 2014 was not the first year for the NC750X; it came in 2018. And the difference is actually 75cc - 670 vs 745.

You would take a financial hit in the change, since old NCs don't have much value in the used market, as you said. But, if you want to change bikes, go for it. Only you can decide. I see used DCTs for sale just as much as manuals, so keep your eyes open for a deal.

Thanks, my google search did not serve me well it seems. That plus my 'math' could use some work I see. Well at least I can count on any newer dct to have as lam a seat that came stock on my nc700x. Would love to at least find a good used replacement at a fair price instead of buying new. Those too are hard to come by it seems.

Your NC will sell quickly in South, Southwest Florida. My opinion based on my experience. Many wanted to see it and sold it in about a week.

Hum, what might be a fair price would you say for me 2012 nx700x with only 6.500 miles on her. Also, just saw the write up on the 2021 nc700x and dct. Looks appealing to me though saw a post somewhere...maybe on this site...thinking it might not come to the US. Else maybe it will just not in Dec of this year as Honda seems to have left over 2020 nc700x models to sell.

Does anyone feel the 2021 dct has enough 'upgrades' to make it better to buy then a 2018 nc700x dct?
Thanks

Last edited:
Hum, what might be a fair price would you say for me 2012 nx700x with only 6.500 miles on her. Also, just saw the write up on the 2021 nc700x and dct. Looks appealing to me though saw a post somewhere...maybe on this site...thinking it might not come to the US. Else maybe it will just not in Dec of this year as Honda seems to have left over 2020 nc700x models to sell.

Does anyone feel the 2021 dct has enough 'upgrades' to make it better to buy then a 2018 nc700x dct?
Thanks
personally, I dont think there are enough upgrades to change out my 2013 for the 2021...a few more hp, (dont care), I have already changed out my headlight for a plug/play LED one, 1-2 extra liters of storage in the frunk (dont really need it), already modded my seat, dont have DCT (I like to manually shift). They still dont have cruise control (probably wouldnt use it anyways much,, have a go-cruise and barely use it: have cc in my car and the only time I use it is on my 800 mile drives to Florida).

Thanks
In the USA, as of this morning, the 2021 NC750X has not been officially announced by Honda, so we don’t know what changes it might have.

Personally, I don‘t even see enough upgrades from Honda to change out my 2012 NC for a 2020. (Can’t speak for 2021 as it hasn’t been announced yet for USA). Same ergonomics, basically the same seat, same old chain drive, same tiny fuel tank, same cheap suspension, little difference in engine. These year over year minor evolutionary changes are not great enough to justify a trade. Now specifically from my point of view, the combined 40 or so modifications I have done to my 2012 are far more significant in the way of upgrades than anything Honda has ever done. I would not want to start over again with a newly manufactured bike, unless the new model had “revolutionary” design changes over the old one.

I would consider a swap to a 2021 if it has belt drive (or something other than chain), and if it has a significantly larger fuel tank. Then I would have a worthy platform on which to install all the modifications I have done/would do.

Last edited:
Back