• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trade NC700X for NT700V?

ScottAndersonYoga

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm considering trading my NC700X for an NT700V. I'm finding I'd like more weather protection, and am wondering if anyone out there has an NT700V they'd like to trade?

Thanks,

Scott A. Anderson
Blue Mounds, WI

Hi Scott I did exactly that and despite the loss of the excellent fuel consumption the frunk of the NC I don't regret it. That's not to say that the NC isn't a very good bike it's just that the NT700V (or Deauville as it's know this side of the pond) suits my personal needs better. I hope that this doesn't offend NC owners

I'm considering trading my NC700X for an NT700V. I'm finding I'd like more weather protection, and am wondering if anyone out there has an NT700V they'd like to trade?

Thanks,

Scott A. Anderson
Blue Mounds, WI

You might have a bit of trouble doing that as the NT700V was only out in the US for one (maybe two) years and was not a big seller. Have you considered the CTX700?

Last edited:
If I was in a wetter place, I'd very much appreciate a lot more fairing/shielding than the NCX has for my commuting use. Happily, I do not have such a need here, so the NCX is close to perfect for me. I wouldn't begrudge anyone their choice of bike to suit their needs!

I hope you can find a trade, Scott.

There are two lightly used NT700Vs at my local (Shreveport, LA) dealer with around 1000 miles on each, each going for around $8-9k. I gave some serious consideration to them, also... they remind me of my dad's Pacific Coast I grew up on the back of!
There seem to be some nice used ones out there, hope you can find a good deal in your area.

If I was in a wetter place, I'd very much appreciate a lot more fairing/shielding than the NCX has for my commuting use. Happily, I do not have such a need here, so the NCX is close to perfect for me. I wouldn't begrudge anyone their choice of bike to suit their needs!

I think that the UK can be classified as a wetter (and colder) place than Arizona :) This also means having to lube the chain more often so shaft is a big plus point for me especially as I work shifts

I agree, Rocker66! In fact, I looked closely at the NT700V/Deauville for a while before buying my NCX. It looked (still looks) like an excellent commuting to 'light' touring motorcycle. I say light merely because it isn't as large or powerful as a Goldwing or ST, but to me it looks like it'll do most of the same things. Shaft drive is great for low maintenance, good fairings for weather protection, decent to good mpg, and I think the connecting pass-through between the integrated saddlebags is very clever.

I've been very happy with my NT700v,not quite the MPGs of the NC, but a very nice ride, comfortable seat and lots of aftermarket accessories are available since its a more mature model.

A friend of mine who is the manager of a Honda dealership drives the NT700V. He really likes this bike. He is shorter than me and the 31.3 seat height works for him. The NC700 has a 32.7 seat height. If I was going to ride on the paved roads only, I would be on this bike. I love the shaft drive, and wish it was on the NC700. I could also live with 50 mpg.

However, the NT700V weights 100 lbs. more than the NC700. When you end up on as many unpaved dirt roads that I somehow end up on in my travels, light is a lot better. So, my usage requires an adventure motorcycle. Just wish Honda made a light weight mid-size adventure bike with shaft drive, and a 31.3 seat height.

biggrin.gif

Last edited:
I've actually had both of these bikes. I liked the NT quite a bit, but always felt like it needed a 6th gear. I find the NC much smoother at highway speeds.

[..Just wish Honda made a light weight mid-size adventure bike with shaft drive, and a 31.3 seat height...]

The market for such a bike just doesn't exist in the US and perhaps the same could be said of most other developed countries. I could be mistaken but I'd guess that sales of BMW 1200GS models far outstrip sales of their 650GS and 800GS.

I have both a 2010 NT700V/ABS and also a 2013 NC700XD. The NT has 53k miles and was bought new in Dec 2009, while the NC was a used bike (800 mi) I bought from a friend in Dec 2014. Both are completely different beasts. For long distance travel, I still prefer the NT and try as I might, there is really no easy way of getting comparable wind/rain protection from the NC. Conversely, the NC is a delight at low speed because it's much lighter than the NT plus it's weight is all down low so it feels more like 400 lbs than 500 lbs! The layout of the NT makes it feel much heavier than its 570 pounds plus it's decidedly top heavy, making parking lot maneuvers much more tricky. And I've lowered both bikes to suit my small stature. :)

Last edited:

I just purchased a 2017 NC700X dct. I haven't ridden it much yet. I also have had for two years a Nt700v. I would enjoy hearing what you think of the comparison of the two bikes.

Both Nc700x dct and Nt700v now. Just purchased 2017 Nc700x dct last week. First new

[..Just wish Honda made a light weight mid-size adventure bike with shaft drive, and a 31.3 seat height...]

The market for such a bike just doesn't exist in the US and perhaps the same could be said of most other developed countries. I could be mistaken but I'd guess that sales of BMW 1200GS models far outstrip sales of their 650GS and 800GS.

I have both a 2010 NT700V/ABS and also a 2013 NC700XD. The NT has 53k miles and was bought new in Dec 2009, while the NC was a used bike (800 mi) I bought from a friend in Dec 2014. Both are completely different beasts. For long distance travel, I still prefer the NT and try as I might, there is really no easy way of getting comparable wind/rain protection from the NC. Conversely, the NC is a delight at low speed because it's much lighter than the NT plus it's weight is all down low so it feels more like 400 lbs than 500 lbs! The layout of the NT makes it feel much heavier than its 570 pounds plus it's decidedly top heavy, making parking lot maneuvers much more tricky. And I've lowered both bikes to suit my small stature. :)

I decided it was okay too splurge, because I am 73, but I am regretting what all the accessories cost to make it a touring bike. My nt has been great for trips but the Nc700x handles much more to my liking in town and I dropped the nt twice in tight situations. I would be interested in your mods to the nc.

Back