• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Information Confirmed For USA: Transalp Debuts at EICMA

Looks like it ticks a lot of boxes in a package less expensive and intimidating than the 1200 cc ADV class. I guess we get to see how valuable the North American market is to Honda. Another to bike "wait and see" if it comes to the Americas.

It’s nice to see a new adventure bike that is not a bloat cycle. I’m not in the market for this type of bike right now, but the Transalp looks almost right. Chain drive and possibly tubed tires are detractors. I would have liked a 500cc version at around 400 pounds, but what’s being offered is better than nothing.

What with the Africa Twin around, I wonder if this Transalp’s size and power might be considered too wimpy for the US market.

Yes the tube tyres are already being commented on. An offroad colleague mentioned also that it will "never be an offroad bike" with those underslung pipes.

Yes the tube tyres are already being commented on. An offroad colleague mentioned also that it will "never be an offroad bike" with those underslung pipes.
Along with the underslung pipes, the close hugging front fender also negates it as real off road bike, or even a dual-sport. It would pack up solid in the mud. Adventure bikes are biased toward street more so than off-road.

I will wait untill they put the Hornets brakes and wheel/tire package on the Transalps body. But that is just my opinion.

Saw it. Love it. More bike choices? I'm in.

Wheels? Sad, true. As well as other little niggles...

But 90-freak'n-hp, TFT, Ride Modes, current styling nod to the original, and importantly, Honda pricepoint (if they can keep it inexpensive)...bravo! If they can do it for $10-$11K? Again, i'm in. $5k cheaper than BMW's similar machine.

Of course, after teasing us with videos of it blasting around the globe, we will likely get it (a year or two) after everyone else.

Wonder what a farkled-out 2018 NC will sell for in two more years..?

Yep, its all about those to be confirmed performance figures for me. If it does have 90hp which translate into about 75-80 rwhp, this and the Hornet could be a rocket ship. At least for a parallel twin.

TransAlp Side pipe
Aftermarket will fix the pipe. And that's what bash-plates are for, anyhow. I'd never put the "gosh what happens to the bodywork if I don't have granny's aluminum walker wrapped around the entire body" piece on that bike. Really takes away from a nice design.

I thought tube tires were preferred for an off-road setup. That way you don’t lose pressure if you bend the rim.

I thought tube tires were preferred for an off-road setup. That way you don’t lose pressure if you bend the rim.
You can also run tubes at lower pressure (than tubeless) for off road duty.

Last edited:
With the condition of our roads, easy to bend the nc700 wheels on so called asphalt roads. I bent one hitting an unseen pothole at 55 mph, had to buy a new wheel-bent wheel won't hold air.

Pretty hard to taco a spoked wheel to the point of losing air. This is an adventure bike, not a arena-cross machine or even a dirt bike. I have fixed many tubeless tires with my tried and true plug set. And I can always carry a tube for extreme cases in the wild. A tubeless spoked wheel leaves options. But they are heavy and expensive...two things Big Red is clearly tying to avoid on this bike.

Having all the capabilities of my '18 NC and 90HP (TFT, riding modes, etc...) is pretty tempting.

The Hornet in the UK is selling for less than $8,500 US. If the Transalp is anything like comparable converting the current wheels to tubeless or adding aftermarket cruise control (the two main concerns I've read) are really minor farkles value-wise.

Side pipes are supposed to be an option per the press release quoted on advrider.
I made a mistake on this. Though the press release does say "side pipes" are available, that does not refer to the exhaust but rather the protective bars that protect the body work. Though it's my fault for posting bad information, why the heck can't Honda just call these things crash bars? Sorry for the misinformation. This is the part https://www.rwn-moto.com/front-crash-bar-for-honda-xl-750-transalp-23-original-08p72mlcd00?c=118775

Back