• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trashcan mods

I've used trash cans as a source for plastic...it's the right thickness and durability....for the extension to the "Fenda Extenda" on the front.
I'm planning to add some of that same trash can plastic to the $20 hand guards that cycle gear sells from time to time. I'd like to make the existing hand gurards taller and wider but be able to reverse the process.

I usually get these plastic trash cans for $6 at Walmart. Well worth it.

I was thinking of doing the exact same. Let me know how it works out if you get around to it

Doesn't the opaque trash can/windscreen block your vision of the road surface ahead of the bike?
I like to see the whole road and surrounding area while riding.

Really it doesn't. If you noticed, the windshield is higher and I can look under it enough if needed but I really don't notice it. I am 5'10" and I still see over it.

I still have the mods on the bike. I was worried the taller plastic would pull the screws out of the bike (I don't have the screw mod installed), but they haven't. I think since I have the original shield mounting using 4 inch brackets, the brackets move slightly against the bike and it holds good. There are some vibration above 70mph (which I don't normally ride anyways) but it is great at less than 65mph. The handguard mods may stay on the bike. I like them immensely but the windshield mod will be removed in the spring (looks too much redneck like to stay on permanently) and I did a better job of mounting the handguards then the windshield (cutting out anyways).

Back