• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tutorial for steering head bearings replacement

vincent

Reaction score
vincentrobic.me
Hi,

There are not a lot of tutorials about steering head bearings for the NC series. So here's mine, if anyone is interested.

The stock bearings broke at 50k kilometers (about ~31000mi.), maybe because of pressure washer. Although I sometimes use it, I'm not really a pressure washer addict, but the previous owner could have been! I replaced the roller bearings with tapered ones from All Balls.

http://vincentrobic.me/2015/12/03/remplacement-roulements-colonne-direction-honda-nc700x

It's still in French but there are a lot of pictures.

Great work, and great write up. You could create the ultimate NC700 service manual!

Hello I know it is is longtime ago but I'm looking for Vincent's tutorial. The url is not valid anymore. I can restore only text without pictures from web archive. Any one please maybe got it in pdf. Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I don't use this forum anymore. So if anyone is interested in my tutorials, just PM me your email address and I'll send you a PDF copy of all the tutorials. Feel free to share them so that it can help more people!

Here are all of Vincent's tutorials. They are all in French, but I translated the titles.

Attachments

• Maintenance Schedule.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • Valve Clearance Adjustment.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • Steering Column Bearing Replacement.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • Chain Replacement.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Fork Oil Replacement.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement.pdf