• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Twinkling dashboard and unstable idle

lakdeuz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, i need your help please

I'm riding a 2014 integra 750 dct

since a few days a problem occured o the bike, sometimes it is difficult to start in the morning when cold weather, i replaced the battery with a new one a month ago

and more importantly i'm having a very weird issue with the bike, the dashboard twinkles and unstable idle even when driving.

i post a yt video to be clearer of the issue

could you give me some help please?

thank you very much

Did this issue occur before you replaced the battery? I would guess that a wire connection has become loose, but I'm not sure which one it could be

Non Never occured before the battery replacement. It's started around 1 month After New battery change

Does your check engine light come on? I'm browsing the (2016/17) manual and so far the only thing I can find related to rough idle is ECM/EEPROM error and perhaps an IACV circuit malfunction.

In the former case, an intermittent failure doesn't warrant a replacement unit, while in the latter case the manual states the culprit to be a loose or poor connection of the IACV connector (or a circuit failure). Further, the manual states that faults within the PGM-FI system are «often related to poorly connected or corroded connectors.»

I know the battery area is rather cramped and full of wires, perhaps something was knocked loose during the swap.

Does your check engine light come on? I'm browsing the (2016/17) manual and so far the only thing I can find related to rough idle is ECM/EEPROM error and perhaps an IACV circuit malfunction.

In the former case, an intermittent failure doesn't warrant a replacement unit, while in the latter case the manual states the culprit to be a loose or poor connection of the IACV connector (or a circuit failure). Further, the manual states that faults within the PGM-FI system are «often related to poorly connected or corroded connectors.»

I know the battery area is rather cramped and full of wires, perhaps something was knocked loose during the swap.

thanks a lot for you insight mate, i will check around the battery area

there is no indicator appearing on dashboard

one thing to consider is that it has been running a lot lot lately and the bike has been sitting outside, maybe somme connector or wire has been in contact with humidity,

if i find nothing in the battery area i wil have to bring the bike to honda service unfortunately

My bike is a 2017, so a few years newer, but I've gone over 15,000 miles in the rain. It's been absolutely drenched, snowed on, plastered with dust, ridden through giant puddles, and I did wash it a few times. I hope it's not susceptible to moisture, or I'm in real trouble!

Even though it is a new battery, it doesn’t mean it’s a good battery. If the problems began when it was installed, the new battery or it’s installation work is the prime suspect. If you have a voltmeter and know how to use it, we can try to sort out what is going on. If we don’t have any voltage measurements to work with, then we’re just guessing and wasting time. In that case take it to a mechanic.

Even though it is a new battery, it doesn’t mean it’s a good battery. If the problems began when it was installed, the new battery or it’s installation work is the prime suspect. If you have a voltmeter and know how to use it, we can try to sort out what is going on. If we don’t have any voltage measurements to work with, then we’re just guessing and wasting time. In that case take it to a mechanic.
i don't have a voltmeter,
you're right i will try to take it to a mechanic but with the actual pandemic everyone of them is full ans no diagnosis available for at least 10 days

Almost certainly a loose battery connection, pinched wire, torn insulation, or similar.

Try this:
-key on, engine off
-open trunk
-lightly tap on battery
-observe for twinkling dashboard
-lightly shake battery wiring harness
etc

With these problems, it's usually the thing I touched last :)

Almost certainly a loose battery connection, pinched wire, torn insulation, or similar.

Try this:
-key on, engine off
-open trunk
-lightly tap on battery
-lightly shake battery wiring harness
etc

With these problems, it's usually the thing I touched last :)
Yes mate or seems like a clever thing to do will try it tommorow.

The only drawback is that the problèm doesnt appear continuously sometimes the bike IS fine all the day sometimes it twinkles right away in the morning when i start the engine

Please do not blame the battery for all inexplicable electrical problems.
As you can see from the video, the problem with the combination meter also occurs when the engine is running. This means that it cannot be a problem with bad battery contact because all energy to the system is supplied from the alternator.
The first thing I would do is to reinsert the 16P connector into the combination meter. There are two wires for the power supply to the meter. One, B/W (BATT), supplies power to the internal clock all the time. If there was something wrong with this connection the clock would have to be reset all the time. The second wire, P/Bu, is generally controlled by the ignition switch. This is connected to the common 14P Junction B and on to a 7.5A fuse (ILLUMI / STOP / HORN). So there are many connection points to check. It is not said that the ignition switch or the HISS receiver has a bad internal connection. And of course it could also be a problem with the combination meter. From the video it can be concluded that the vibration of the motorcycle causes the electrical connection to deteriorate.
This is a good job for a technician experienced in electrical problems.

Please do not blame the battery for all inexplicable electrical problems.
As you can see from the video, the problem with the combination meter also occurs when the engine is running. This means that it cannot be a problem with bad battery contact because all energy to the system is supplied from the alternator.
The first thing I would do is to reinsert the 16P connector into the combination meter. There are two wires for the power supply to the meter. One, B/W (BATT), supplies power to the internal clock all the time. If there was something wrong with this connection the clock would have to be reset all the time. The second wire, P/Bu, is generally controlled by the ignition switch. This is connected to the common 14P Junction B and on to a 7.5A fuse (ILLUMI / STOP / HORN). So there are many connection points to check. It is not said that the ignition switch or the HISS receiver has a bad internal connection. And of course it could also be a problem with the combination meter. From the video it can be concluded that the vibration of the motorcycle causes the electrical connection to deteriorate.
This is a good job for a technician experienced in electrical problems.
thank you mate, i checked the battery connexion and everything seems fine,

the clock does not reset so i guess it's not linked to the first wire, i will try to check the combination meter if i find a tutorial on internet on how to disassemble the front panel.
this morning the bike didn't want to start, when pressing the start button + brakes i heard a clic clic near the battery place, i tried several times with the same issue, after 1 or 2 minutes the bike finally started like usual but its starting to get worse.

my guess is that in a few days i will have to take it to honda center for a diagnosis cause this kind of electrical problems are the hardest to solve

Take note that the originator of the thread left the conversation a month ago.

Back