• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Two nice old Hondas, moto show Baxter a Springs, Kansas at new museum

The bottom one is that nice Honda 550 four. Disc brake, light weight, plenty of power.
They didn’t make it long. Everyone was moving up to more ccs.

Question below if it might be a 500. I don’t remember and I guess the photo is too blurry to read the label. I don’t know much about old bikes.

Last edited:
Sure that wasn't a 500 Four ? Those are the colours that the 500's sold in over these parts.

I bought a 500 four when they were first introduced in 1971. Put a Windjammer fairing on it when they first came out. Had it for 3 years and 38,000 miles, in '72 I rode it to Colorado & Utah.
img065.jpg
img080.jpg

In '73 I rode down to Texas. And then in '74 I rode up to Yellowstone & Glacier National parks, with some stops at Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower and a some other places along the way. Twice on this trip I ran out of gas when I had to go on reserve earlier than normal because of strong headwinds.
img001.jpg
img072.jpg

Photo's taken with a Kodak S20 126 Instamatic on Kodachrome, it was after this trip that I decided I needed a better Camera, bought a Olympus OM1.

Last edited:
Back