Tyre mileage on nc750

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
I use the throttle and brakes a lot. I seem to be braking before most curves and accelerating after.

Use a generous amount of throttle and you can really drop your tire life.
Astro the dog says: Absarootry.

That explains the sport-tire or race-tire like wear.

Lomunchi

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In the picture shown, it is interesting that the blocks are so large that they do not seem to wear thin at the corners where the grooves meet.

With a lot of tires with more grooves, the tread wears thin where the grooves meet along the middle of the tire. This is usually a vulnerable area where nails, rocks, and other road debris slip in and puncture the tire.

These tires you had shown have a nice road pattern, good life, and offer some trail capability. That was a great post. The pictures helped.

To everyone else… Attach the pictures of your worn tires. It really helps make purchase decisions. Don’t forget to tell us what tire it is. Thanks for doing that.
FYI; They're the Dunlop Trailmax. I assume they're standard on the 2020 bike.
I also don't do any off road. I'm probably 80% freeway, 10% highway, 10% surface streets.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
FYI; They're the Dunlop Trailmax. I assume they're standard on the 2020 bike.
I also don't do any off road. I'm probably 80% freeway, 10% highway, 10% surface streets.
Something tells me it is a sport tire with a trail tread. Tire companies do that. Sometimes such a tire is useful when the streets are a little dirty.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
These are Bridgestone tires for trail use. They are basically sport tires for dirt roads. The tread is thin from the dealer. They are great if you are ten stories up on a Texas super ramp doing a hot curve at 80… er um. Seven…ty….five… You would be thankful they are sport tires. But sadly they have poor tread life. They get very slidy on stones and choppy hard soil. The rain grip is great. I am a little scared of heights so when you are up that high going that fast, there is some comfort. Tread life score is a 5 out of 10. The front tire is a lot like an Avon av53 trailrider. The back is a lot like similar Metzler tourance tires. Frankly the cheaper Shinko 705 suits my taste for speed and dirt. Tastes like peanut butter.

Attachments

• E7BBBFB5-D005-4359-B7F0-327807CFA621.jpeg
    E7BBBFB5-D005-4359-B7F0-327807CFA621.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3

mtnbiker1185

Reaction score
Visit site
I got about 4500 US miles out of my stock ones. Could have probably gotten 5000 but it was starting to slowly lose air from a plug I put in the rear tire...plus I didn't really like them. I have almost 8000 on my current Shinko 009's with plenty of tread left to go. Might try Road 5's next just to see if the price difference is really worth it for me or not.