• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tyre mileage on nc750

It seems the practise of supplying sub-par OEM tires would be counter-productive to the OEM tire manufacturer.
If I had a shitty OEM tire, I would look to another manufacturer for the replacement.

It seems the practise of supplying sub-par OEM tires would be counter-productive to the OEM tire manufacturer.
If I had a shitty OEM tire, I would look to another manufacturer for the replacement.

yes but not the manufacturer..just that particular tyre
i bought my 2016 with 8000kms on the clock
tyres still had some life so i cant really comment on the wear of the oem's....i think he/she was fairly sedate tho,given the cond of the bike at 5yrs old

russ

I think you are right. With all the talk of short lived Dunlop Trailmax tires since Honda put them on NCs , I haven’t bought a Dunlop tire for any motorcycle. It’s probably subconsciously, but when I shop for tires I don’t usually consider any Dunlops nowadays.

I think you are right. With all the talk of short lived Dunlop Trailmax tires since Honda put them on NCs , I haven’t bought a Dunlop tire for any motorcycle. It’s probably subconsciously, but when I shop for tires I don’t usually consider any Dunlops nowadays.
I have not had good experiences with any Dunlop tire I have had on any motorcycle. I absolutely do not consider them when tire shopping. Bridgestone's are 'iffy' for me, they seem to be a 50/50 chance of being a good tire. I track the mileage and ride characteristics vs. cost to help guide me in my search for new tires. With supply chain shortages, shopping for tires is more about what can I get vs what do I want.

I've always been a Michelin fan, never had a bad one. Due to supply shortage I recently tried Pirreli Angel GT and like them even though they didnt last as long as the Michelin but grip seemed equal. The Metzlers that came stock on my 21 DCT have not been bad tires and appear to last nearly as long as the Pirellis and again not as long as the Michelins. I've had Dunlops and they were simply ok, but I have never has a Bridgestone that I liked. The ones that came on my new FJR were horrible tires in handling, grip and thankfully longevity. It was amazing how much better the motorcycle was after switching to Michelins.

I'll probably go to Michelins on the NC when the Metzlers wear out.

I do not ride off road at all.

What made the trailmax mission short-lived? Short-lived dirt? Short-lived highway? I did notice the broken pavement tearing up the trailmax.
I don't know about the Trailmax Mission; I think you were the first to mention them. We are taking about the OEM tires made to special OEM specifications. The specially made OEM Dunlop Trailmax tires Honda often put on new NCXs, since maybe 2014, have shallow tread depth when new and typically last only 3000 miles.

I have not had good experiences with any Dunlop tire I have had on any motorcycle. I absolutely do not consider them when tire shopping. Bridgestone's are 'iffy' for me, they seem to be a 50/50 chance of being a good tire. I track the mileage and ride characteristics vs. cost to help guide me in my search for new tires. With supply chain shortages, shopping for tires is more about what can I get vs what do I want.
I very much agree with your thoughts on Dunlop motorcycle tires. I've once had a brand new bike with dunlop tires, where the handling was so inconsistent I thought something was wrong with the bike. I hated that motorcycle because of it, and considered selling it.
When I changed the tires to a different brand, it was like a completely different motorcycle. All manner of handling issues disappeared, after that, I never even consider dunlop tires.
When I got my NC with the dunlops on it, they were gone within the first few hundred miles, I replaced them right away.
If it is true that they have different stock tires on new motorcycles than what they sell in the aftermarket, they are shooting themselves in the foot.
I don't know about anyone else, but with that strategy, they've sure eliminated me as a customer.

Last edited:
Back