upgrade 2021?

Janus

Reaction score
Cruise control is really the only thing the NC lacks that can't be easily done by the rider.

I've often cursed Honda for the bazooper windshield, but I suppose it's my fault for never upgrading it :rolleyes:
The rest of the bike has nailed the purpose it was designed for. I love my Honda Jazz engine

SilverRocket

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, they should have upgraded something instead of giving the new models traction control.

If they keep the internals the same (most likely) I would like to see what they could do about making the bike have fewer nook and crannies. Every time I wash my bike it takes forever to dry! All those lines in the new fairing and body collect so much water. It takes 5 minutes to get all the water out of the windscreen. I don't expect them to give the NC better suspension, seats, more storage or much more cc's. Not their nature to improve bikes that much.

I was looking at photos of the old Katana 600 and the Hurricane 600 with those curves. One pass of the chamois and you're done drying it!

melensdad

Reaction score
I’m a bit of a “grumpy old man” who believes in old school simplicity. I am not of fan of keyless. Too many stories of dead batteries and lost or cranky fobs. More electronics just seems like more failure points.... I know... call me boomer. Heck, I just sold my 2015 bike and now I’m left with a 2005 and a 2011. Lower tech suits me. To each their own..
>T
AGREE WITH YOU ON ALL THIS STUFF. I've got a 2018 and Honda added a selectable traction control button (never use it). No need for Keyless. No need for a fancier dash, blah blah blah

But the one thing I would actually like is cruise control.

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding cruise control, it would seem to be a very easy add on for Honda if the NC was already throttle by wire. Since the NC is not throttle by wire, adding cruise control would involve a liitle more complexity that I can‘t see Honda doing. Is the demand for cruise high enough that it could increase sales of the NC? I doubt it would for now, but maybe in the next all new version of the NC, we will see cruise control.

I have cruise control on my Goldwing, and very rarely use it. When towing a trailer with my truck, or driving my motorhome, I don’t use the cruise. Typical cruise controls are just so dumb that they really annoy me. I wish they would modernize the logic behind cruise systems, and give the vehicle owner the ability to configure the cruise with user preference settings.

BFair

Reaction score
I use a cheap electric leaf blower to dry my bikes after a wash. Streak free and fast.