• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

USB charger install

Hanatsu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, bought the OEM USB-kit for the 2022 Honda NC750x. Seems insane that you have you dismantle so much just to get to the connector. Have anyone tried just doing it by removing the black panel in front of the "frunk" and doing it from above. I think I can see the actual connector, shouldn't be impossible to do it... right?

You will have to let us know. If you haven't seen this video yet, it's a pretty good one showing the install taking off all the side panels. I have not yet attempted this, but looks doable with a lot of patience.

The USB instructions mention the fog lights a lot. I bet thats why it says to remove everything. You can probably do it without removing anything if you can identify the port but its very easy if you just take off the front plastic around the frunk.

You will have to let us know. If you haven't seen this video yet, it's a pretty good one showing the install taking off all the side panels. I have not yet attempted this, but looks doable with a lot of patience.
Thanks for the video. I have a 2012, so much is different, but I was stumped by those push clips which I wasn't familiar with. Once I knew what to do with those, I made good progress.

I just installed the OEM usb in my 2023 this morning. Took the whole dang thing apart. Wish I would have read Hanatsus post first……

The USB instructions mention the fog lights a lot. I bet thats why it says to remove everything. You can probably do it without removing anything if you can identify the port but its very easy if you just take off the front plastic around the frunk.
I installed the OEM foglights after I installed the OEM USB plug. The fog light wiring has a connector that allows the USB to plug into the foglight wiring and the fog light plugs into connector that I had initially plugged the USB connector. It all works fine. Now if they only make a steering dampener for the 2023 NC750X...

Is the Honda USB charger working well in your bikes?
I have it and I use it to charge a Samsung phone for Google maps or Waze, and at the end of the trip, a few hours, the phone is barely charged. I do not know which is the power supply of this Honda USB.
Anyway, I have taken the chance to install the fog lights, and at the same time I have installed a plug with 2 USB ports type USB 3.0, the big ones, and they are doing a great job, charging the phone and the electronic cigarette at the same time. The power of the 3.0 USB is taken from the same power supply than the fog lights and the Honda USB. By the way, I had to dismantle half the motorbike to install all of these.

Back