• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Used 2020 NC750x DCT

NEBoston

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
I am the recent purchaser of a new 2020 NC750x DCT. I am currently waiting for my kick stand plate and Givi crash bars to arrive, I am trying to decide on which radiator screen (if it fits) and some form of hand guards, whether that is bark busters or an eBay knock off of the Givi ones, any recommendations would be appreciated! I am also trying to find something to help the horrible seat without selling a kidney on the black market. Does anyone else think the "D" mode is severely lacking in the throttle response? I get that it is geared to use the highest gear possible, but mine shudders at low RPMs when you roll on the throttle, like I need to downshift to make up for it. Does anyone else have that same issue? I do love the bike but I am hoping to make it a bit better suited to fir my needs.

The 270 power pluses are exaggerated at low RPMs. particularly in 6th. It seems to like to run smoothest above 3,000 rpms. Try riding it in sport mode which will rev higher in each gear and you will find yourself in say 5th when you would be in 6th in std, and acceleration will be smoother. There's no getting around the thump of the 270 degree P twin though.

I also have a 2020 model with dct. I also found the d mode just short of useless unless you are looking for high mpg. I keep it in sports 3 and it transforms the bike into something much more exciting.
I also struggled with the seat but with a few thousand miles it does relax and you can spend a lot longer without discomfort. Memory foam and sheepskin also make a big difference.

Hello all,
I am the recent purchaser of a new 2020 NC750x DCT. I am currently waiting for my kick stand plate and Givi crash bars to arrive, I am trying to decide on which radiator screen (if it fits) and some form of hand guards, whether that is bark busters or an eBay knock off of the Givi ones, any recommendations would be appreciated! I am also trying to find something to help the horrible seat without selling a kidney on the black market. Does anyone else think the "D" mode is severely lacking in the throttle response? I get that it is geared to use the highest gear possible, but mine shudders at low RPMs when you roll on the throttle, like I need to downshift to make up for it. Does anyone else have that same issue? I do love the bike but I am hoping to make it a bit better suited to fir my needs.
I use the R&g radiator screen. Pretty good as long as you don’t mind the bottom connection point being a zip tie

Hello all,
Welcome to the forum.

My bike is the much simpler NC700X with only D and S modes. I use D most the the time and override the transmission as needed with - button downshifts and/or slipping in and out of Manual mode. If it shudders too much for you then downshift as you see fit. This complaint is as old as the New Concept engine.

Last edited:
Thank you to all for the input, I do appreciate it. I upgraded the sidestand with a larger Givi plate. I am looking at either Panniers and/or a top box for behind the rear passenger. Something on the hard side would probably be my first option unless I find a suitable soft sided option. I have one burning question though, I am currently about 240 lbs. and I find the shocks on both ends are terrible. Does anyone know of any adjustments I can do to the back shock to help out? Besides losing the weight I have put on for my winter hibernation (I am working on that). I have scoured the forum a bit ,but any updated information would be appreciated.

Thank you to all for the input, I do appreciate it. I upgraded the sidestand with a larger Givi plate. I am looking at either Panniers and/or a top box for behind the rear passenger. Something on the hard side would probably be my first option unless I find a suitable soft sided option. I have one burning question though, I am currently about 240 lbs. and I find the shocks on both ends are terrible. Does anyone know of any adjustments I can do to the back shock to help out? Besides losing the weight I have put on for my winter hibernation (I am working on that). I have scoured the forum a bit ,but any updated information would be appreciated.
The stock Honda springs are on the soft side and probably engineered for a rider that weighs around 160 pounds. In stock form, there is no adjustment for the front forks. The rear spring, on the 2020 NCX, has a ring adjustment that will alter the mounting point of the spring relative to the shock. People usually call this preload, but that is a misleading term. Adjusting the rings will have the affect of raising or lowering the rear ride height. This might help you if you are bottoming the rear suspension. However, no adjustment will change the spring rate. To properly accommodate a 240 pound rider, a different spring with a different rate is required. The best way to do that is with an aftermarket spring/shock assembly, such as Ohlins, or a shock/spring set up by a builder just for you. The downside to that is the cost, as you’d be looking at hundreds of dollars for the replacement. You could also get adjustable fork caps for the front end, but replacement fork springs might be a better solution.

Back