• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

User Names

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
I enjoy seeing the user names and trying to figure out the reason someone chose that, so my questions is how did you pick yours and why?

When I started on the bulletin boards twenty years ago I thought "it's probably not a good idea to use my real name" so came up with a handle that is phonetically my name but spelled differently.

When I was young I was an avid 1/4 mile drag racer. I got older, married, had kids and gave up racing. I truly loved the rush of raw, hard, extreme acceleration. I also appreciated the raw, hard and extreme de-acceleration on the other end! Fast drag cars provide a very violent ride requiring more skill and faster reflexes than it appears. Xcellor8!

i came here to be ....
instead of Trolling.

Long story, once upon a time....

My other names are:
Shocking
Friendly
Busturd
Oh-will-you-shut-up-now
Unbelieveable
Handsome.

I gotta choose a sensible one....so.
:p

Spent 20 years in the Air Force as an ICBM instructor and another 21 years as a Technical Training instructor on the Space Shuttle Program at Kennedy Space Center.

Bob

Spent 20 years in the Air Force as an ICBM instructor and another 21 years as a Technical Training instructor on the Space Shuttle Program at Kennedy Space Center.

Bob
I heard one time from a missile guy that there is a girl behind every tree around Minot, ND. Is that true Bob?

Well, I had a stint as a emo before anyone really knew what that was. So basically, I used to write moody and whiny poetry cause life was so blah blah at 15 years old. Now, I use it because I've never had a problem registering it on new sites.

BTW, 15 years later when I read my old writings I just want to yell "suck it up cupcake" lol.

It was either Cutter James Duke, which is what people are accustomed to seeing me writing under or the handle that I went by in television when I was working freelance and didn't want the station know that I was working on the side "Joe Focus".

Yes if you watch some older sports programs or old Court T.V. productions you may see the name.

Last edited:
Dave,
I was never stationed in Minot, but that could be a true statement. Having said that I've also heard that there are no trees in Minot North Dakota. :)

Bob

"Black Rider" was the name I choose years ago in a forum dedicated to black powder firing guns. I continue to use it. Is the tittle of a music piece of Tom Waits too.

My NC and complete winter equipment are black. The name fits.

B.R.

I was a Rocker back in the 60s as in Mods & Rockers not the music kind although the Rocker bit dir come from their love of Rock N Roll. The 66 comes from the year of my near fatal bike accident so it reminds me how lucky i am to be alive. as from next month for a whole year it will also be my age :)

Back