• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

User Tyre recommendation list

bobk100

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All.

If it doesn't already exist and I can't find it, how about a (sticky thread?) list of rider/user recommended tyres for the NC range?

Regards

What do you want to ride? There are lots of different ideas on what makes the 'best' rubber.

I ride my NC almost exclusively on pavement. What dirt I have done or will do again doesn't require anything gnarly.

I ride Michelin Road 5s. Successor to the famed Pilot Road series. I cranked 18k miles on my last set, major darkside riding at the end. Your tolerance for flat spots is likely different. I ended up replacing them only due to a huge gouge the road ate out of my front tyre. Wanted another 2k first.

Huge grip wet and dry. Never hydroplaned. I ride year round, rain and shine. Bought a second set, will likely do a third when it's time.

There have been several threads on this topic over the years. I thought they were in the tire sub-forum as much as anywhere else, but don’t recall for sure. I don’t keep bookmarks for everything, so I don’t have a list to post. Sorry.

On the old forum software we had a FAQ that had a bit about compatible tires for the NC. Not sure where the FAQ disappeared to. Will have to look around.

Anyway, moving this thread to the tire (tyre) forum.

Back