• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Valve Check/Adjustment Question

Concerning the breakage of the screws... in my opinion, the Allen key is one with the screw, it makes a long lever which breaks flush with the cylinder head. It is necessary to apply to the screw only rotation.
In picture ?
View attachment 52899
The head cover screws are to be tightened to the torque specification in the service manual. A simple 90 degree hex key does not give you an applied torque measurement. Use a hex bit on a torque wrench of the appropriate range. If you do it any other way, you take the risk of under or over tightening the screw.

Probably I have some issue with the bolt , because I did use torque wrench for all 3 of them but only last snap without any effort. And like real dummy I try again wrench on not snapped bolt. all good . Probably bad luck. But good news are that nc750 is very easy bike to work on , I only need to wait honda to provide me with bolt( week or two ...). Is it good to NC have that great and supportive community. Thanks Guys And Cheers:)

Yep, I snapped it .... Now it's going to be fun to remove it and find one to replace it. But I have a question about the cylinder head cover. Is this the normal color? I've seen YouTube videos, and they don't have this discolored.
Pretty sure mine looked like that when I did it

The head cover screws are to be tightened to the torque specification in the service manual. A simple 90 degree hex key does not give you an applied torque measurement. Use a hex bit on a torque wrench of the appropriate range. If you do it any other way, you take the risk of under or over tightening the screw.
I agree with you.
I was trying to explain the breakage of these screws, and indicate that pure rotation should not break them.
Do you find my illustration inappropriate ?

Yep, I snapped it .... Now it's going to be fun to remove it and find one to replace it. But I have a question about the cylinder head cover. Is this the normal color? I've seen YouTube videos, and they don't have this discolored.

That's not a terrible color. Different oils leave different amounts of varnish inside the engine, and the valve cover is one of the harder places to keep free of varnish.

Back