• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vibration 3000 rpm

Regardless of when it fires, I've never been a fan of the 270 degree firing order P Twins. Not when I rode my brothers 2016 Bonnie (I preferred my 2003 360 degree Bonnie's feel) or on my 2021 NC 750X. It's something I tolerate because the bike has other attributes I like, but certainly do not enjoy it or find it pleasing. I don't call it vibration though, I call it a throbbing. Want vibration ride an early to late 70's 650 Yamaha 360 degree Twin without counter balancers LOL. You can walk one on its center stand across a cement garage floor just by using the throttle

I like the sound of the 270 parallel twin firing order. It exactly duplicates the firing cadence of a 90 degree V-Twin (Ducati).

You said: "two cylinders firing 90 degrees apart and then 270 degrees apart".

It is: two cylinders firing 270 degrees apart and then 450 degrees apart.
I meant what I said and what I said was incorrect. Thanks for the correction.

Here's a nice video showing the firing order and you can see the counter rotating balance shaft that keeps the engine vibration to a minimum.

That might actually be an animation of the 670cc engine. The 745cc engine supposedly has two balance shafts.

DA49280C-DCED-413F-B61B-2224B713E408.jpeg

They can keep their Ducatis:
Reliability ranking 2021:
  1. Yamaha
  2. Honda
  3. Suzuki
  4. Kawasaki
  5. Harley Davidson
  6. Triumph
  7. Ducati
  8. BMW
Yes, there is a rear balance shaft in the NC750. The video shows no detail at all behind the crankshaft.

They can keep their Ducatis:
Reliability ranking 2021:
  1. Yamaha
  2. Honda
  3. Suzuki
  4. Kawasaki
  5. Harley Davidson
  6. Triumph
  7. Ducati
  8. BMW
Yes, there is a rear balance shaft in the NC750. The video shows no detail at all behind the crankshaft.
I'm surprised to see Kawasaki behind Yamaha, and especially Suzuki. But most all of the big 4 Jap brands are good across the board.

Amazing technology, I like it. I wish my old Sportster had that degree of balancing.
If you would like to feel an absolutely bad-ass P-twin, try the 1200 Super Tenere. Same engine configuration and firing as an NC, just YUGE. Vibration here and there, sure. However a terriffic bike that gets little love because it's "just not exciting" (sound familiar?). Sad, an excellent bike. Like an NC on LOTS and LOTS of steroids.

Amazing technology, I like it. I wish my old Sportster had that degree of balancing.
The Faithful would probably shun the Sportster if it didn’t shake.

Back