• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vinyl wrap !!!

Jay Fridays

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:confused: VINYL WRAP :confused:

OK, IM DOIN' IT !!!!

I have wanted my bike black/black since i decided to purchase it. Unfortunately, It only came in Silver/black in the US when I bought mine. I have started the MOD processes and have decided to dive into the color change. I got the 3m 1080 Matte Black on its way...

I will be posting Pics and Videos of the process here, once I get my material...

Can anyone share their:

Photos/Experience/Pointers/Tips/Comments/Questions/Concerns about the wrap process and any FINAL PRODUCT PICTURES ?!?!?

Mahalo !!!

Last edited:
There are lots of tutorials on YouTube with great info. Just go slow, and have patience. I would say stay away from the cheap crap on fleabay, but you have 3M :thumbup:

Was looking at Hexis Red Carbon Fiber but now I can't find it. 3M doesn't offer red carbon. I'm interested in your results. How much did you order (square feet)?
Mike

Was looking at Hexis Red Carbon Fiber but now I can't find it. 3M doesn't offer red carbon. I'm interested in your results. How much did you order (square feet)?
Mike

I like the red also, but I was worried about the ticket issue.. Red is definitely my second choice, although I do like yellow...lol...

Anyway..I ordered two rolls of 5'x7' (35sq ft) for $53 each with shipping from ebay. The 5'x'10 was $103, So I figured I'd buy the separate rolls and gain a few sq.ft. With the small panels I'm covering, it shouldn't be an issue that they are only 7' long.

I know there are Youtube videos, but I wanted some actual back-and-forth discussion/feedback from people that have tried to wrap the NC700. Or Pictures of other wrapped NC's.

I will be posting videos/pics.... so stay tuned.....
:cool:

Looking at the videos that I've seen it doesn't look difficult, just time consuming. The front fender looks like it might be a PITA and will also use a fairly large piece of vinyl. I was guessing about the same for the amount to order ~5X12 give or take. Without any experience it's difficult to estimate what will be used. Looks like some pieces of plastic will not take very much at all and others might surprise us.

If you haven't taken the Tupperware off of the bike yet, I'd suggest the service manual or take plenty of pics of fasteners and where they are located. There are a few hidden connectors. I purposefully broke two tabs off of the small tail piece of plastic that covers the area behind the pillion seat. Makes removal much easier and it still is a PITA......and I've done about four times already.

Also, it would be a great time to add things like a Powerlet outlet, dual horns, etc.... while you have the plastic off of the bike.....kill two birds.

Wish you were closer, I'd love to help/watch/hold the beer, etc when you are doing this job.
Mike

Also, it would be a great time to add things like a Powerlet outlet, dual horns, etc.... while you have the plastic off of the bike.....kill two birds.

Wish you were closer, I'd love to help/watch/hold the beer, etc when you are doing this job.
Mike

LmFao!!!!! Ya, that would be more fun than going through it alone... and drinking by myself....lol

I have a poweroutlet already installed in my frunk... The horn is a great idea though... My nephew's bell on his playskool tricycle is more intimidating than the NC's stock master blaster....lol .... Got any other suggestions for while I got the can open? This will be a good time time to do them.

And yes... I will not forget to take LOTS of pics... I already made that mistake when I replaced the rear "fender stay" and rear blinker, after i mashed it on a truck that almost hit me...funny story... But I'll save that one for a different thread...

Last edited:
I am looking into doing just a partial wrap. I am going with a US Airforce theme. Think "apache helicopter" in Matte Gray and Black with aircraft symbols like Stay clear of blast and ejection seat. Oh I can't wait.
I even found the riding gear to go with it... Speed and Strength, Call to Arms line. Now...just need the cash.

I am looking into doing just a partial wrap. I am going with a US Airforce theme. Think "apache helicopter" in Matte Gray and Black with aircraft symbols like Stay clear of blast and ejection seat. Oh I can't wait.
I even found the riding gear to go with it... Speed and Strength, Call to Arms line. Now...just need the cash.

NIIIICE !! please share it with us when you start/finish... Hopefully we can get a lot of people to share their experiences and ideas with Vinyl wrap on here....:cool:

-------------------------------------
Ps. please rate the thread !!

Just finished the front fender. I chose the hardest piece to do first. I was trying to get all my lessons learned early. And I DID !!! It is a real pain in the ass, But it looks great.( for my first attempt) It's not perfect, but it will do for now. After I wrap the rest of the bike, I wil go back and redo the fender.

I guess this will be one of the first (if not THE first) things I will do in regards to color scheme of my bike... black/black/black (with some black elements)! :cool:

Looks very neat (I prefere matte black over the metalic).

Great work! Don't forget to upload a picture once you are done with the bike.

i am planning to tweak the looks of my NC sometime in the following weeks. I just saw a product named plastidip or plasti-dip on youtube. I seems like the product is a film applied just like a good old spray paint. They also claim that their product is easily removable if desired.

Can someone please elaborate on the pros/cons of vinyl vs such product? (Uv stability, heat resistance, lifetime, etc.)

Last edited:
Back