• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Warning about MotorcycleHelmetsDirect.com

Thomasec

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been researching the best place to buy a new Shoei Neotec modular helmet. (Yes, pricey which is why I was doing this.) While checking out vendors on the web, I encountered MotorcycleHelmetsDirect.com. They had the "best" advertised price but beware! Their prices DO NOT include the very necessary face shield and the always included fabric bag. In other words, if you order a helmet based on their advertised price, you will not get a shield! That is an extra cost option (along with the fabric bag.) If you factor those extra's in, they are priced more like a local dealer and not a discounted internet store like Revzilla. Their website is deceptive and doesn't make this very clear. I had to go round and round with a customer service rep to finally determine what they are doing. Boo, Hiss.

For most of my gear I deal with these two giants in online motorocycle accessory sales.

MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough) :: Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, Gloves, Boots, Luggage, Parts and More! - Awesome Customer Service, They try on clothes usually before posting them on their website and set you know of any sizing issues etc.... They also give you Free Ground Shipping usually and on some items you even get a $5-40 gift card if you buy it, it fits, and you do not return it.

Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Gear and Motorcycle Accessories - Another great site, if the first doesn't have what I want I usually end up going here.

I never buy helmets on line as I want to try it on before buying and also quite often discounted helmets can be old stock. Of course this can not apply to the Neotec. The other reason is I like to support my local dealer as he gives excellent service and I would hate to loose him bevause everybody was buying on line

Back