• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Watch "2016 HU at the Ironhorse"

DCTFAN

Reaction score
Visit site
Watch "2016 HU at the Ironhorse"

670cc and DCTFAN visit the IH, day one of HU meet.

[video=youtube_share;ZjHo0H1-jCU]https://youtu.be/ZjHo0H1-jCU[/video]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
More
be732640edd0b48f7d3e16d085229938.jpg

4996c2500ff4c1236186d5611f07284d.jpg

385296554a86574f775021e9c5211a12.jpg

Last edited:
I need an Etch-A-Sketch on the bars -- that would save me having to carry a camera and lenses!

I guess a RTW trip can get boring. Bike looks amazing.

I posted the video because I had the footage.
I enjoyed the rides and meeting forum friends.
IMO, did not feel the meet is worth the price of admission.
I would not recommend this meet based on this one I attended last year @Ironhorse
and the one I dropped in at Appomatox, VA(I did spot 2 NCX at this meet but not the owners)
on my way home from the Stolen Pig Rally in Matewan, WV
There are far too many better gatherings :mad:

I'm in agreement with you, DCTFAN. I can't speak for Horizons Unlimited meets in general, since I have attended only at the Ironhorse Lodge. But, it's my opinion that Ironhorse is a poor venue for the HU event. Tents are packed in way too close, you might end up in a puddle if it rains and you camped across the creek, there's little chance you'll have a table, and water is very hard to find. I had to go to one of the cabins and disconnect their garden hose so I could fill a water carrier. If you want to see a popular speaker, forget it, because the meeting room is way too small. The second time I went, I just popped in to the camp to visit with Nofear2trek and some other forum members, but I did not register for the HU meet.

I posted the video because I had the footage.
I enjoyed the rides and meeting forum friends.
IMO, did not feel the meet is worth the price of admission.
I would not recommend this meet based on this one I attended last year @Ironhorse
and the one I dropped in at Appomatox, VA
Plus +1 agreed that the HU events at IH and Appomattox leave a lot to be desired if you attended to hear and see the presenters. Space and seating is for smaller meetings. The upside of these events are meeting and day rides with other forum members, and sharing beers & lies with them in the evening.

IMG_0253.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum is the HU in Kalifornia outside of Yosemite at the Mariposa Fair Grounds.

IMG_9272.jpg

They had a ton of presenters last year, starting in the morning and ending in the evening. Usually at least two were going on at the same time, sometimes up to four. Large buildings with ample seating and good PA systems. Also large covered pavilions with bleachers. And in my opinion, a lot more venders too, and not just people trying to sell their travel book. Tent camping is totally relaxed, anywhere inside the fairgrounds you want to pitch your tent, even inside the covered pavilions not being used.

Ray

Plus +1 agreed that the HU events at IH and Appomattox leave a lot to be desired if you attended to hear and see the presenters. Space and seating is for smaller meetings. The upside of these events are meeting and day rides with other forum members, and sharing beers & lies with them in the evening.

View attachment 33281

I have been told that going fast will make your hair fall out.

Fuzzy, I thought it was from making too many U-turns under the sheets.

That is a roughest looking bunch of scooter trash I've ever seen ;) Especially that guy with the floppy hat.......gotta watch him. Wish I coulda been there.
Mike

Back