• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Water Temperature Gauge

The picture does show the spark plug option. However the listing says

Display engine, water or air temperature up to 500 deg. F
Sensor options for all standard radiator hoses, oil lines and spark plugs

I'll do some more research.

RIP duk2n....

He did this on his bike and it was as nicely done as most anyone would want. I searched under 'coolant temp' and found his original thread from years back but the pics have been removed and the links broken. It was a good looking modification.

The sending unit was installed in the upper right side radiator hose IIRC.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/927-coolant-temp-meter.html

Missing something here. Water temp is pretty constant controlled by thermostat. Gage shows impact of warming up bike or of a bad thermostat. What are we trying to learn with water temp gage? What am I missing?

Missing something here. Water temp is pretty constant controlled by thermostat. Gage shows impact of warming up bike or of a bad thermostat. What are we trying to learn with water temp gage? What am I missing?

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. . . .:rolleyes:

Some people just like to monitor as much telemetry as possible. And like any other farkle...if it makes you happy then who's to judge? ;)

I am with you..........likely all the gadgets, sensors, hoses, wiring and crap hanging on the bike are more likely to cause a problem than the actual engine having a cooling or oiling problem.

Back