• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

If someone already has a FL motorcycle endorsement the MSF courses are a waste of time and money. They do benefit brand new riders and allow older reentry riders to get a skills brush-up and the endorsement but offer virtually nothing beyond that. They license you to get out into traffic where the real experience is. Repeated no cost free practice of slow speed and braking drills takes rider far beyond basic MSF or advanced skill level courses.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
If someone already has a FL motorcycle endorsement the MSF courses are a waste of time and money. They do benefit brand new riders and allow older reentry riders to get a skills brush-up and the endorsement but offer virtually nothing beyond that. They license you to get out into traffic where the real experience is. Repeated no cost free practice of slow speed and braking drills takes rider far beyond basic MSF or advanced skill level courses.

Just my 2 cents.
Here in Indiana, the Experienced Rider Course is $25. I get a deduction of at least $50 per year on my motorcycle insurance if I keep it current (take the course every 3 years). Plus it is fun, and the 'professionals' can suggest what it being done correctly/incorrectly, helpful hints... if there is no feedback (as in training by yourself), then getting very proficient at bad riding habits/skills is still bad riding habits/skills. Just my .02....

Take a MSF course-that is the best farkle you could get. You can take the basic course or the experienced course if offered in Florida; some states even have an advanced course.

One in the Tampa area:
Florida's Best Motorcycle Safety, Endorsement & Training Class

That's the one I took. It had been a long, long time since I had ridden. I thought the instructor was good but the pace was fast. I didn't like the Suzuki 250's rear brake pedal - too high. But I adapted.

Here in Indiana, the Experienced Rider Course is $25. I get a deduction of at least $50 per year on my motorcycle insurance if I keep it current (take the course every 3 years). Plus it is fun, and the 'professionals' can suggest what it being done correctly/incorrectly, helpful hints... if there is no feedback (as in training by yourself), then getting very proficient at bad riding habits/skills is still bad riding habits/skills. Just my .02....
Here in Fl the cost is much higher - $120 to $250 for the 2 or 3 day BRC and $135 or more for 1 day ARC. I still think for what we are discussing here they do not teach you anymore than the bare basics then it it is up to me to practice slow speed skills which we are addressing here. The instructors are done with you in a few hours.......... your feedback is being able to do the maneuvers easily and with confidence on each and every ride.

I remember taking the ERC when it was still called that. I was on my ST and there was a guy on a BMW that made a funny (to him) remark that the ST sounded like a food processer when it was my turn to demonstrate a 20 or 24 foot U turn. I had practiced beforehand and it was easy. When it was his turn he could not manage it. I remarked to him "I didn't know the roads were so much wider in Germany".

i'm a little one sided, but I believe the MSF course is a valuable asset. But as in any instructional course, they will be only as good as the instructors. A good instructor will help new riders with the basics, and find a way to challenge the experienced. The entire class should learn and improve their skills.

That's the one I took. It had been a long, long time since I had ridden. I thought the instructor was good but the pace was fast. I didn't like the Suzuki 250's rear brake pedal - too high. But I adapted.

Never can get enough classes, always learn something new. I never worry about webble, wobbles with a 28 inch inseam. Simple, I just get up off the ground, get someone to help me pick the bike up again, and then get back on the bike again on my tip toes. Sometimes, I even fall over twice at the same stop sign. However, I never ever worry about it.

Never can get enough classes, always learn something new. I never worry about webble, wobbles with a 28 inch inseam. Simple, I just get up off the ground, get someone to help me pick the bike up again, and then get back on the bike again on my tip toes. Sometimes, I even fall over twice at the same stop sign. However, I never ever worry about it.

Now that it's getting cool, I'm wearing enough gear to make the tip overs less painful physically. My pride not so much..... Actually it's been awhile since I tipped, knock on wood;-)

One maneuver I found that works well in a creeping speed through parking lots or on a dirt trail is simply stick one or both legs straight out so leg(s) are approx. horizontal to the ground. You will find instant confidence as you maneuver around. It's the same principle as a tight rope walker with a balancing pole. I don't always do it upon take off but nonetheless a possible solution to some who would be interested in experimenting this procedure. Being that I have not had any previous MSF or any other classes I'm curious to know if this maneuver was ever taught. Let me know.

Appreciate it , Craig.

Feet off the pegs at low speed guarantees the wobblies. The key is to (a) get both feet on the pegs as the clutch comes out and (b) make your launches fairly aggressive. Don't wheelie, but don't dilly-dally either. I've done this for years and it works. I guess I'm in the "very small minority" LBS spoke of.

Feet off the pegs at low speed guarantees the wobblies. The key is to (a) get both feet on the pegs as the clutch comes out and (b) make your launches fairly aggressive. Don't wheelie, but don't dilly-dally either. I've done this for years and it works. I guess I'm in the "very small minority" LBS spoke of.

You put your feet on the pegs *before* letting the clutch out? That's what I was referring to- the at a complete standstill with zero forward motion crowd. I consider getting the feet on the pegs during the clutch out a respectably normal kinda thing. Kudos to you if you are feet up prior to launch, though :D

Back