• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Well Done Helmet Public Service Announcement

I'm guessing they dont have a helmet law there.
Just curious, but does OHIO?

I mostly ride in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. See a lot of helmetless riders.

Anyone know how many US states actually have helmet laws?
I know Ontario has one, but not sure if that applies to all of Canada?

I'm guessing they dont have a helmet law there.
For motorcyclists, yes. For bicyclists, no. The Danish [bi]Cyclist's Federation recommends wearing one but is against making it compulsory.

Thankfully for most of Europe, they have not been blighted by the concept of 'Vehicular Cycling'. They have actual and enviable bicycle infrastructure.

It appears Canada requires helmets for riders across all ten provinces and the three territories. The requirements differ by province but DOT is technically acceptable in most provinces. ECE helmets will let you ride anywhere in the Great North

Just curious, but does OHIO?

I mostly ride in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan. See a lot of helmetless riders.

Anyone know how many US states actually have helmet laws?
I know Ontario has one, but not sure if that applies to all of Canada?
No Ohio doesnt either. Maybe for first year riders or those under 17 ?

No Ohio doesnt either. Maybe for first year riders or those under 17 ?
"Ohio law only requires a motorcyclist to wear a helmet if he or she is under 18 years of age or if he or she is within the first year of getting a motorcycle license (a novice) or driving with a temporary permit. If the operator of the motorcycle is required to wear a helmet, any passenger must also wear one."

For motorcyclists, yes. For bicyclists, no. The Danish [bi]Cyclist's Federation recommends wearing one but is against making it compulsory.

Thankfully for most of Europe, they have not been blighted by the concept of 'Vehicular Cycling'. They have actual and enviable bicycle infrastructure.
Agreed on the infrastructure. There is something about protected bike lanes on new roads here in Florida; I don't know the details. Kind of a boisterous kerfuffle when they did not put it in on the SR82 redevelopment. Paraphrasing, but the response was basically "We forgot. Now we don't have the money." I was lucky to have a ~20 mile protected loop up Near Gateway in Lee County. Not much of that here in Estero.

Back