• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

went to a honda dealer today

ziggie

Reaction score
Visit site
I decided to switch dealers,mostly because its closer.anywho I was looking around at the crusers,rockets and such.started thinking how small all the bikes looked,everything looked little.went to a red nc(nice up close).then it came to me,the bikes look small because I am riding a taller bike now,they just all seem small to me now.they had the new ctx700.disapointed,they look bigger in pics.i sat on it and right away my thought was this is a little 250.seems like you would feel every crack in the road.i did not ride it but because it sits lower it just seems like a little kid bike.i do like the more forward footpegs.somehow I made my way to the new f6b Goldwing,this is nice.not sure if its 20,000 nice but I like it.anyway just wanted to share this,just strange how riding a taller bike makes everything look little.oh also the new cbr500 is nice up close,its not for me but it looks kewl.

Hmmm. I thought the opposite. When I sit on a Yamaha FJR, an ST1300, a DL1000, some of the Beemers, or even a Versus, I think man, these bikes are HUGE. Sounds odd, coming from a guy that also rides a GL1800.

My bike that fits me best is the 49cc Ruckus - so light and flickable! :)

Greg

Last edited:
Don't get me started on the "Bigger is better" mentality this country is stuck on.........

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
1.jpg

I agree with Netizen 150%. The motorcycle companies are all now being run by lawyers. They are all chasing the almighty dollar. The day of the mom and pop motorcycle dealership are just about over.... Very few dealership owners even ride any more, and that is the real shame. Love of the motorcycle is no longer the driving force of the dealership. I really miss the one man motorcycle shops of my youth.

SmileyBlue.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I agree its just strange sitting on a lower bike now after being on this one.but i came from a cruiser then it was tall lol

It's been 2 years and 9000km now.
After some spirited riding in the mountain roads and getting passed easily by a VW van and some big heavy trucks, I am beginning to itch for a bigger power bike.
would the 1200 GS be a wise replacement?

People, please stop me!

After some spirited riding in the mountain roads and getting passed easily by a VW van and some big heavy trucks, I am beginning to itch for a bigger power bike.

People, please stop me!

The BMW is everything the NCX is not!!.
It's faster
It's way more $$$
it drinks mote fuel
It's more $$ to maintain
Etc,etc,etc.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People, please stop me!

Why not wait for the NC1100X? I'm sure I saw something about it on the web. Of course everyone will wonder why they didn't make it a 1200 and actually it will really be 1065cc.

Why do we always want more? I guess it is just the nature of the beast. Is life really about how much stuff we have? Be happy! Use what you have, enjoy life, be happy, ride, ride, and ride. 8.jpg

smileyHappyEyes.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going the opposite way.
I went from a 1200 to a 1000 to the 700x.next it will probably be a 400-450,if and when I wear out the NCX!!!.

I'm very happy with my NC700XA, and I don't want more power if it causes worse mileage.

Now, when I ride my old XT350 it seems to me it weighs like a bicycle, and I enjoy it!

I went from a 1200 to a 1000 to the 700x.next it will probably be a 400-450,if and when I wear out the NCX!!!.

Why do we always want more? I guess it is just the nature of the beast. Is life really about how much stuff we have? Be happy! Use what you have, enjoy life, be happy, ride, ride, and ride.

Why not wait for the NC1100X? I'm sure I saw something about it on the web. Of course everyone will wonder why they didn't make it a 1200 and actually it will really be 1065cc.

It's faster
It's way more $$$
it drinks mote fuel
It's more $$ to maintain
Etc,etc,etc.......

I'm very happy with my NC700XA, and I don't want more power if it causes worse mileage.

Now, when I ride my old XT350 it seems to me it weighs like a bicycle, and I enjoy it!

Thanks for all the comments. But have you seen the new GS? I have only seen it online and from afar.
I am too afraid to go for a test ride!
I know I will be impulsive!

Yup,saw one last week and sat on it.It is huge compared to the X,but the quality and workmanship is spot on.It's just not my cup of tea,I have been doing this for along time and as time go's on I have been able to figure out the difference between what looks cool and what I really need and right now the X fills that roll.

Originally Posted by Nortwestrider
It's faster
It's way more $$$
it drinks mote fuel

"Mote" = Mexican word for weed. Guess that's why those beemers are so fun to ride!

I did the same thing. My last bike was a 2008 GL1800. The NC is the smallest bike I ever had, but it's by far my favorite !

Thanks for all the comments. But have you seen the new GS? I have only seen it online and from afar. I am too afraid to go for a test ride! I know I will be impulsive!

Be afraid. I did test ride the new 1200GS for over an hour. It is for sure a very nice bike. Handling, brakes, power, comfort, it gots everything. Then I came back from my test ride and met an actual owner of the exact same bike. He told me he had a flat back tire about 100 miles after he left the dealer. The bike got towed back to the dealer for the tire replacement. They managed to break something on the right side of the bike (don't know which part it is) while removing the wheel, and that part has been backordered since one month... Doh...

Last edited:
Seems a lot of us fall in the same boat. I have not ridden anything under 900cc for years. I bought my first CBR900 in 1993. I used to tell people there is no way I would ride anything under a 750.

Look at me now. Plus I am very satisfied. I agree the 1200GS is pretty. It's a sweet looking bike but I trust Honda. They have never failed me yet. I have no ill feelings toward BMW but I hear to many mechanical/maintenance horror stories. I'm not brave enough to leave what I know works. At least in my case.

I really miss the one man motorcycle shops of my youth.

Me too! My first BMW dealer was such a guy - Clyde Rees in Shelbyville, Tennessee. He was a retired Air Force LTC and a super knowledgable tech on the old bikes. He sold and worked on bikes because he loved them and enjoyed the bikes and helping riders. He died in October of 2006. No comparison to the "glitz" dealers of today (either in product or in love and concern for the sport).

I might own a BMW someday ( old air head GS ) but I dislike alot of the people who ride them.I get waves from way more HD riders them I do BMW guys.Tomorrow night I'm going to a presentation ( 2 ride the world ) at a local BMW dealer and I will park right in the middle of all the GS's,some will talk to me about the X but most won't...

People, please stop me!

Just got back from a ride today, passed a VW van and a big tractor trailer rig. :cool:

Art

Back