• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What 2021 NC750X accessories to buy 10% discounted at the dealer?

bumblepee

Reaction score
Visit site
I am picking up a new 2021 NC750X in a couple of days. The dealer offers 10% discount on accessories, but only on the day of the purchase. Can you guys help me understand what is worth getting from the Honda accessories? I am confused with some things, like crash bars (some saying they don't protect the radiator), or taller windshield (not protecting enough, etc.). What would you buy from Honda today with a slight discount if you had a chance?

Related question: which of these accessories is easy to install at home and which one should I ask the dealer to install (e.g. crash bars, battery tenderizer, phone charger)? I have tools and can remove and install minor parts, but if I have to take out half of the bike to install something, I'd rather ask the dealer to do it.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi
I've been there and had to decide same as you. I decide to do the stuff by myself, but again depending on the circumstances. If know what you are doing and have spare time to do. Electric part and what's under fairing is hard bit to do. Ex: fog/running lights with the original swich. And please consider,you may also lose the guarantee.
I personal bought work shop manual and did everything by my own. Crush bars are good and protects you/bike if dropped.
Best wishes

Don't but any accessories at the dealer now for 10% off. You can buy Honda accessories on line at many vendors for 10% or more discount, anytime you want. There is no urgency to buy now. Wait until you have used the bike a bit and do research on the items.

Many aftermarket accessories are better than some Honda genuine accessories. For example, Honda's taller touring windscreen is disliked by many who have tried it. In my opinion there are much better windscreen choices in the aftermarket.

The only Honda accessories I would ever buy for the NC is the center stand, and the accessory wiring harness/fuse, if it still exists.

If you don't feel capable of installing a center stand, assuming you want one, that is the one item you might get on the day you pick up the bike, and have the dealer install it.

Don't but any accessories at the dealer now for 10% off. You can buy Honda accessories on line at many vendors for 10% or more discount, anytime you want. There is no urgency to buy now. Wait until you have used the bike a bit and do research on the items.

Many aftermarket accessories are better than some Honda genuine accessories. For example, Honda's taller touring windscreen is disliked by many who have tried it. In my opinion there are much better windscreen choices in the aftermarket.

The only Honda accessories I would ever buy for the NC is the center stand, and the accessory wiring harness/fuse, if it still exists.

If you don't feel capable of installing a center stand, assuming you want one, that is the one item you might get on the day you pick up the bike, and have the dealer install it.
Good tip, thank you. I have to see some video online how the center stand is installed to check if I can do that myself. Might be also a way to get acquainted with Nancy :)

Btw, I was looking at the jack up kit from Lust (here). I think I saw a video of someone installing these but then the central stand did not work properly. Maybe I am overcomplicating the plan to much with this jack up kit.

Center stand is worth it. Wiring sub harness is worth it. Other than that what do you need? If you’re set on other oem stuff buy it (might be able to negotiate free install or something too). If you’re iffy about Honda brand saddle bags or anything else skip them for now

The only two Honda accessories I bought were the center stand and the USB kit. The center stand was less than most of the 3rd party parts that were available. The USB kit is more expensive than most 3rd party parts but it uses the existing opening in the frunk and plugs into the wiring harness without modification. The kit is complete, no running around for the bits and pieces.

The only OEM farkles I used were the heated grips.
Here is my (short) video of the others. It is little out of date now.

The only OEM farkles I used were the heated grips.
Here is my (short) video of the others. It is little out of date now.

Thank you. The part I am looking forward most is the extra lighting. Standing out to incoming cars should help a lot, not to mention that the original beam lights are very weak in my opinion.

Back