• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What a great bike, so far.

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Well Folks,
I've had this 2020 NC750X DCT now for about 5-6 weeks now. I bought it will close to 2,150 miles on it. I have to admit, I was fairly skeptical in the onset of test rides. I say ride(s) because, I actually did TWO test rides at that dealership where we purchased it because to me, it waranted two, to help me make up my mind. Each ride was about 3-5 miles long and in and out of city traffic. But, both rides were enough to convince me it (the NC) was a viable option for my next bike. I'd done a fair amount of research, at least a few youtube videos to get some sort of idea of what that/this bike was/is all about. Not all but many of the people in the videos made mention of "low power".

Well, I say "hog wash" to that. I find there's PLENTY of power in that 750. Yep, it may not be a rocket ship but, it scoots down the road with ease. Mine is of course the DCT. That's a whole 'nother debate. This NC750X is my third DCT and I love them. I've been riding for over 55 years and been shifting for my whole life. I don't need to shift anymore. I still get a ton of fun riding, even without the actions of my left hand and foot doing anything other than relaxing.

Now, many of the videos I've watched and still do watch, pertaining to the NC, are done either in the United Kingdom or Canada or many other countries other than the USA. That's not to say there aren't any made in the USA, there are. But, what I see in those other country videos is some really neat country roads, green valleys, secluded small and quaint towns etc. Here in the western section of Arizona USA, we got DESERT, PERIOD! Oh, there's some spots here and there that are a bit more fun than straight down boring freeways with ten bazillion trucks buzzing all around you. But so far, in the limited time I've actually got out and just cruised with it, I've really, really liked it. I've added some bar risers to maybe assist in a better ergonomic riding position. I've added a throttle lock to at least make an attempt at "cruise control" so I can relax my throttle hand every so often. I've painted the bike because it was all black when I bought it and I didn't care for that so, it's now a very pretty color blue.

I've had the wheels powder coated to a bright silver with a clear coat because they too were black. So, again, so far, I'm really happy with it, its power, it's ride, its smoothness, and REALLY HAPPY with the gas mileage so far, around 60 mpg. I just sold my '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT. I loved that bike immensely. But, it was a very top heavy bike. Almost at times, scary top heavy. I also have an '18 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag and love it. But this "little" NC750X DCT handles like a mini-bike compared to those others. I'm really happy with it.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_6955.JPG
    IMG_6955.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well Folks,
I've had this 2020 NC750X DCT now for about 5-6 weeks now. I bought it will close to 2,150 miles on it. I have to admit, I was fairly skeptical in the onset of test rides. I say ride(s) because, I actually did TWO test rides at that dealership where we purchased it because to me, it waranted two, to help me make up my mind. Each ride was about 3-5 miles long and in and out of city traffic. But, both rides were enough to convince me it (the NC) was a viable option for my next bike. I'd done a fair amount of research, at least a few youtube videos to get some sort of idea of what that/this bike was/is all about. Not all but many of the people in the videos made mention of "low power".

Well, I say "hog wash" to that. I find there's PLENTY of power in that 750. Yep, it may not be a rocket ship but, it scoots down the road with ease. Mine is of course the DCT. That's a whole 'nother debate. This NC750X is my third DCT and I love them. I've been riding for over 55 years and been shifting for my whole life. I don't need to shift anymore. I still get a ton of fun riding, even without the actions of my left hand and foot doing anything other than relaxing.

Now, many of the videos I've watched and still do watch, pertaining to the NC, are done either in the United Kingdom or Canada or many other countries other than the USA. That's not to say there aren't any made in the USA, there are. But, what I see in those other country videos is some really neat country roads, green valleys, secluded small and quaint towns etc. Here in the western section of Arizona USA, we got DESERT, PERIOD! Oh, there's some spots here and there that are a bit more fun than straight down boring freeways with ten bazillion trucks buzzing all around you. But so far, in the limited time I've actually got out and just cruised with it, I've really, really liked it. I've added some bar risers to maybe assist in a better ergonomic riding position. I've added a throttle lock to at least make an attempt at "cruise control" so I can relax my throttle hand every so often. I've painted the bike because it was all black when I bought it and I didn't care for that so, it's now a very pretty color blue.

I've had the wheels powder coated to a bright silver with a clear coat because they too were black. So, again, so far, I'm really happy with it, its power, it's ride, its smoothness, and REALLY HAPPY with the gas mileage so far, around 60 mpg. I just sold my '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT. I loved that bike immensely. But, it was a very top heavy bike. Almost at times, scary top heavy. I also have an '18 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag and love it. But this "little" NC750X DCT handles like a mini-bike compared to those others. I'm really happy with it.
Scott
Love the wheels, Im not fond of black wheels, beautiful blue color too. KUDOS

Well, Scott, what did you do about the brake hose when adding the bar risers? It's not a case of simply having a longer hose fabricated (given the ABS modulator), so you must've found the existing hose to be long enough.
verdad? LB

Hey LB,
Well Sir, it's JUST BARELY long enough. That is, at full turn to the left, which only happens in the garage or maybe in a parking lot when I'm maneuvering out of a parking place backwards, there is a slight stretch of that hose. In my opinion, for whatever that's worth, it's not enough of a stretch to cause real concern. In other words, I see no potential damage to it anytime soon. And, like stated, it's only critical at a full left turn. If these risers I used, were even slightly taller, THEN it would cause more serious concern.
Scott

Hello Scott, Elsewhere in this forum there is a thread citing the use of a front brake hose from a Honda CTX700, one I believe has promise. Before I buy that I'm going to attempt to make an extension of about 2-1/2" at the master cylinder to which I'll attach the existing banjo fitting/brake hose. As you know, it doesn't need much brake hose "lengthening". to achieve what's necessary. LeeB

Well LB,
That sounds great. I wouldn't mind even another couple inches in risers over what I have now but, I just don't feel like going through all the cable lengthening etc. that would be needed. If you end up picking up one of the 700 hoses and use it, please advise on here on the results will you. Thanks
Scott

Back