• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What accessories to add to a NC750X my preference's and pics

DB1965

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All this is what i have done to mine, also a list of bits still to do Early next year

Completed
  • Honda Heated grips,( in retrospect would have gone for the oxford premium touring grips as one third of the price and just as good if not better)
  • Mirror extenders, ( A must for us larger individuals my brother say Fats Bar-stewards :whistle: )
  • Givi V47 topbox with integrated brake lights
  • Azonics rear brake light flasher unit and indicator sounder units
  • Center stand ( Again S W Motech one is better and cheaper retrospect is a wonderful thing live and learn )
  • Givi tall screen.
  • Bark Busters Storm hand guards,
  • Truimph fork protectors,
  • Skid mark rear hugger ( this is the longest one out thier unless your willing to pay stupid money for a fareast import factory M) i will be doing a small mod to this to extend another 125mm to stop the underside being destroyed everytime it rains. now removing and replacing with a powerbroze and cutting up the skidmark to extend this see later post. pictures will be forthcoming on completion
  • Riderscan Blindspot mirror A must for me any way i fitted easy
  • 12 volt cigg charger on handlebars for charging helmet coms & Ghost HD S on long tours journeys,
  • Lighted twin USB in fhank i fitted Easy
  • tom tom rider i fitted easy
  • FIAMM mini blaster horn i fitted easy great sound light a truck and good for a laught when peds get in the way :D
  • Shad Comfort seat brought second had but great, im a 28 stone (and shrinking) lump at the mo and this makes life comfortable longest i have done is 13 hour s and still able to walk and ride the next day with no probs i fitted easy
  • custom front & rear mud flaps front handmade from 2 pieces of 6mm hd rubber from that auction site i fitted easy £4 Have since removed the rea mud flapsee latter post regarding rear hugger
  • (Lust 30mm lowering bars) changed for set of Micks custom made by me, 20mm Lowering bars, shortley to be putting back the stock link before taking to Nitron to replace rear shock and front springs set up for me and then lowering via the rear suspension rather than the links so i do not loose the 130mm of ground clearance ;)
  • SW Motech footpegs, i fitted easy
  • SW Motech handle bar riser up 30mm back 28mm i fitted easy
  • shortened side stand by me. my weildings not that great but will replace this with a stock NCS side stand that is lower than the X side stand and will be perfect Height when one comes available at a breakers. :thumbsup:
  • Clear sign writers film idea from Nigel W to sides of fake tank to protect the paint work Cheers Nigel :thumbsup:
  • Give topbox top rack i fitted easy
  • Sprayed undertray cowling satin black i did this easy
  • replace rear number plat with uk plate readying for ;) 2 weeks 2016 tour France Germany Croatia Austria stelvio & Großglockner, Alpine Passes :p

Planned early next year my insurance payout has finally been agreed :shifty:
  • Additional front led running lights cree's V3's nice and brights!!! I am fitting
  • Givi V35 side panniers & PLX1111 Racks, I am fitting
  • H&P engine bars, I am fitting
  • Mitchelin road pilot 4's,
  • bagster Leather tank protector I am fitting
  • K& N oil filter as it has a nut oem is a pain to get off I am fitting
  • K&N air filter I am fitting
  • Side stand foot enlarger nearly lost it on soft ground the other day not sure which one yet v expensive for what they are
  • Definitely the Exil end can to be decided but and swing that way after having seen one in the flesh last week I am fitting

all planned April next year pre-scotland tour some pics below

Cheers David :thumbsup:

2014-12-06 15.03.35.jpg

2014-12-06 15.04.14.jpg

2014-12-06 15.05.00.jpg

2014-12-06 15.05.41.jpg

2014-12-06 15.05.53.jpg

2014-12-06 15.06.14.jpg

2014-12-06 15.06.41.jpg

2014-12-06 15.07.29.jpg

Cheers David

Last edited:
Hi David, Southerner here from UK forum.

Unlike yours for some reason, I didn't have enough spare flex in the wires for the new horn so I'll have to do a slight mod after Xmas.

Hello DB1965, im loving all your farkles :)
Im wondering about fork protectors and i like yours, would you mind telling me - are they a particular model or just general 'triumph' ones. An idea of where you bought them would help me greatly, they look like they will fit my 700S. Thank you
Ive ordered, a double bubble screen, pelacon crash bungs and a skidmarx rear hugger, ive already fitted a cig lighter adapter in the frunk and im going to have a go at a rad protector from a mesh magazine rack, amazon £4! First DIY project ever!
Ive had mine lowered and the dealer didnt chop the stand, then chopped too much! My bike and i are currently in Portugal so the stand thing has been a proper pain. Anyway, hes got another stand to chop i hope he gets it right this time :)

Hi Southerner hope you sorted this, thier should have been some slack for back which is wrapped in insulation tape
Cheers David ;)

Hello DB1965, im loving all your farkles :)
Im wondering about fork protectors and i like yours, would you mind telling me - are they a particular model or just general 'triumph' ones. An idea of where you bought them would help me greatly, they look like they will fit my 700S. Thank you
Ive ordered, a double bubble screen, pelacon crash bungs and a skidmarx rear hugger, ive already fitted a cig lighter adapter in the frunk and im going to have a go at a rad protector from a mesh magazine rack, amazon £4! First DIY project ever!
Ive had mine lowered and the dealer didnt chop the stand, then chopped too much! My bike and i are currently in Portugal so the stand thing has been a proper pain. Anyway, hes got another stand to chop i hope he gets it right this time :)

Hiya hope you found my post on the Uk forum if not here you go
and will have a look at your Bike at the Peak District camping weekend
Cheers David :)

Why did you need the power point on the handlebar?

Like the farkles, especially the rear hugger.

How do you find the Tom Tom SatNav, I have always used a Garmin in a Mrine box?

imagejpg1_zps85871cb8.jpg

Hiya Tim
i will start from the top the 12 volt oxford handlebar charger is used for charging the drift helmet cam on the go which only has a 3 hour battery charge i am often out for 10 hour days less hassle changing batteries and carrying them, when touring camping i then don't need a site that has electric hook ups every night same goes for my helmet comms uses the same mini USB coiled lead, i tend to leave the helmet comms me and my bro use Nolan B5,s now fits into our Nolan helmets nicely to the last 2 hours of the riding day that fully charges it ready for the next. i also use this charger for a small travel tire inflator less room than the 7 C02 canisters it took last time i had a puncture out in the sticks lesson learned.

The twin USB in the funk I use this for the Phone /tab /Anker power bank/Rav power 5-1 this keeps this electronic stuff fully charged for over night use as that's when im using it heavily whilst wild camping ie skype, transfering hd vid files to portable hd ect via phones wireless hot spot ( the wonders of modern tech ehh) i also use them to charge my led head light normally change stuff around at stops throughout the day never had a prob yet but hard lesson learned previously lets say a learning curve and as much effort as lifting the lid of the funk all my power outlets are switched so no worries thier.

For me the tom tom great & works well with the tyre software, the winding routes is fantastic for justbpress and go found some real gems of roads no hassle with cases as it WP, I previously used the wife's tom tom in a Givi WP case but major hassle when stopping getting it off ect, the rider just unclips and in my pocket so yep very happy with it, just hurt the pocket a bit when purchasing it still haven't told the wife how much yet! never had a Garmin so couldn't compare mate.

The rear hugger another story war and peace im afraid what i have is a skidmark hugger this has the longest tire cover thier is on the many various huggers out thier except their is one from the Korea but didn't like the look or cost, anyway the hugger does not work as picture below this was one day on A's & B's an a odd country lane.:(
[URL=http://s937.photobucket.com/user/david_bennett4/media/NC750Xrearhuggerfail_zps4bf408a1.jpg.html][/URL]
as you can see a right mess!!!!
the skidmark was a bit flimsey and hasn't actually stood up well with chips ect
so i am looking to buy a power bronze hugger slightly smaller cheaper and sturdy but looks great my brother got one on his 750X then going to mod it by extending the tire coverage by cutting up the skidmark as this has the correct curvature i need this should give me a good 6 inches of more tire coverage stopping all the fling 9 I hope fingers crossed)will use a couple of rubber strips to stop vibration and rivet it on ill post some pics on here when i do
well you did ask !!! :) nearly brought the NC in black myself same for my bro but we both ended up with the silver and red ones heading up to the peak district camping for the weekend in maybank hol with some others from the uk forum i organised previously but dont use now hope its as good as they say any good bits you found would be appreciated.

Cheers David :D

Last edited:
David, is that not a Skidmarx hugger in your photo? The Pyramid I know of is smaller, retains the stock chain guard, and is attached with merely a single wire tie.

David, is that not a Skidmarx hugger in your photo? The Pyramid I know of is smaller, retains the stock chain guard, and is attached with merely a single wire tie.
yep well spotted Greg my error gonna change now thanks for the heads up:eek:

Last edited:
That Givi top box is a damned sight better the the honda unit I had fitted to mine, I believe it is made under license by Shad, bracket it at least 4" too short, takes away all the pillon room.

Certainly think I'll swap that out.

Well good and bad news Scotland was fantastic :cool: we clocked up about 2600 miles, all done aver 10 days weather was well Scottish weather rain sleet and bloody cold -1 and this was the end of may early June!!!! when we got the bike got knocked over while parked outside a costas and was written off so the good news is im picking up a new red one this Friday or sat and having to refit all as previous except where i found better options will post some pics once i have her with an updated list ;)
couple of pics from Scotland with me and my bro first pic is Kinloch horn second pic was on the road to Glencoe
1434811835477.jpg2015-05-25 12.34.37.jpg

Last edited:
Hi DB1945, nice pictures !

Do you have any compatibility issue with those two ?
- Givi tall screen.
- Bark Busters Storm hand guards

I have tried the BBStorm SW-Motech handguards, and I had to return them because they were knocking on my Givi tall screen.
Impossible to use the steering lock without cutting a large part of the screen...

yep i know exactly what you are on about, i have also fitted S W motech barback risers up 31mm back 21mm this enables givi tall screen to clear the barkbusters on both locks cleanly problem solved.
swmotech-barback-risers-black-standalone.jpg
you can also still use the Honda top clamp if you want

Last edited:
Cheers Fuzzy our version of starbucks :D alls good as a new bike. not to happy on the £3000 worth of accessories i have got to replace they have only allowed 400 within their current settlement figure but am still fighting with her insurance company over that and the hassle of no bike for nearly 2 months during the summer & all the hassle with the insurance company loads of agro i don't need :(

Last edited:
yep i know exactly what you are on about, i have also fitted S W motech barback risers up 31mm back 21mm this enables givi tall screen to clear the barkbusters on both locks cleanly problem solved.
you can also still use the Honda top clamp if you want

Thanks for the tip, I will keep this in mind.

Back