• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What an Africa Twin but Tubes Scare Me!

Congrats!

Start the farkling. I don't see a place to carry the Tent Mahal!

Nice Africa Twin. It was evident on our last weekend's ride that you were ready to step up to a larger bike. Hope you enjoy it thoroughly.
Mike

I never ever never thought that I would ever buy a DCT. However, the Africa Twin DCT sure changed my mine. I could now never ever never see me not riding a DCT.

Thanks for the replies!

Rode 100 miles after work this evening about half of them on gravel. Loving the AT but missing the frunk and the pluck of my NC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never ever never thought that I would ever buy a DCT. However, the Africa Twin DCT sure changed my mine. I could now never ever never see me not riding a DCT.

I am the same way. I was thinking about a BMW GSA, but the shift assist is nothing compared to the dct.

I am hoping the 2018 AT has tubeless tires. I cant do tubes.

Good looking bike. I sat on one at the Springdale dealer and felt comfortable immediately. It reminded me in feel of the Versys 1000, a fantastic bike I almost bought instead of the NC.

The tech said everyone who had ridden the AT bought one.

I rode a 2016 AT and managed not to buy it, but a second ride on the 2017 HRC AT and I was hooked!

The AT is a lot like the NC in feel, but with more power but no frunk. :(

I fitting a new set of tires to my AT last week all by myself! :) The tubes aren't that big of deal.

That being said I'm still looking at tubeless rims.

There really is only a need for tubless on the rear wheel as it is the one that picks up all the punctures. The front wheel is more likely to encounter a pinch flat rather than a normal puncture in which case I would prefer a tubed rim. My choice therefore would be a tubless system rear and keep the tube on front.

Back