• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

CB1100 Forum Photo Challenge this month was your bike with a sunset so I went out last night and got these

TUQ9X8Fh.jpg

YfJjEUGh.jpg

Rai9y1Yh.jpg

vEtDQi1h.jpg

Last edited:
Did you ride up or trail it, Dave?
It's been a long Covid year and Brenda's only been on the bike once in 2022 and that was last week. She wanted to ride up but I wasn't sure a 500 mile ride was the thing to do so I rented a UHaul trailer. I admit it was nice having plenty of cargo space for the both of us.

It's been a long Covid year and Brenda's only been on the bike once in 2022 and that was last week. She wanted to ride up but I wasn't sure a 500 mile ride was the thing to do so I rented a UHaul trailer. I admit it was nice having plenty of cargo space for the both of us.
Took the side covers off to have a tie down point for trailering? I do that when I trailer the ‘Wing.

That was the reason I was asking. I am glad that you two are there safely (and comfortably!) and have some time to enjoy one another!

Yesterday I took a spin on my wife’s Can-Am Ryker. It’s an interesting machine, not a true motorcycle, but lots of fun in it’s own way. Then we both went out on a ride, she on her Ryker, I on my Zero DSR.

Over the winter we plan on adding a lot more yellow to the Ryker as we aren’t fans of so much flat black.

576D6460-CC33-472F-A722-8BBCD4B77F52.jpeg

Crossed Deals Gap before 8:30 this morning and only saw 1 motorcycle going the other way. After this picture I headed for the Cherohala Skyway and before reaching the bridge at the bottom a black bear crossed 129 about 50 feet in front of me.

View attachment 50668
Wow. It’s great to see a bear, just not too close.

It must be the quietness of Goldwings that they are able to sneak up on bears. About 13 months ago, my wife and I were riding the Goldwing on the BRP. Traffic was light. We rounded a blind curve and a black bear was sauntering across the Parkway, close enough that I nailed the brakes. We got a good glimpse of it but it wisely kicked up it’s pace and bounded into the woods. We have seen bears in the Smokies park but that was the first time on the Parkway.

Crossed Deals Gap before 8:30 this morning and only saw 1 motorcycle going the other way. After this picture I headed for the Cherohala Skyway and before reaching the bridge at the bottom a black bear crossed 129 about 50 feet in front of me.

View attachment 50668
Stop torturing me and others who are too far away to ride the Gap on a regular basis. Ill never understand how anyone who has that road nearby and rides a motorcycle, who would not have at least one sport bike in his stable. Heaven!

It must be the quietness of Goldwings that they are able to sneak up on bears. About 13 months ago, my wife and I were riding the Goldwing on the BRP. Traffic was light. We rounded a blind curve and a black bear was sauntering across the Parkway, close enough that I nailed the brakes. We got a good glimpse of it but it wisely kicked up it’s pace and bounded into the woods. We have seen bears in the Smokies park but that was the first time on the Parkway.

We see this one, and two others including a 500 lb male, a couple of times a week. That is my pool heater which is about 36” 40” tall. Big bear. No reason why it likes my filter.

About 10 years ago, saw 3 bears on the brp...2 cubs and momma. I was riding with my 2 riding buddies from Bloomington Ind. The wife was leading, I was in the middle, and her husband was last. We saw one cub in the road and stopped. Her husband and I yelled at her to GO, GO...and ride around the cub....momma and the other cub were to our left and Momma was not happy we were between her and her other cub.The wife didn't see momma and couldn't comprehend our yelling to GO. We got moving and out of the situation. Only time I have seen bears up there on motorcycle.

About 10 years ago, saw 3 bears on the brp...2 cubs and momma. I was riding with my 2 riding buddies from Bloomington Ind. The wife was leading, I was in the middle, and her husband was last. We saw one cub in the road and stopped. Her husband and I yelled at her to GO, GO...and ride around the cub....momma and the other cub were to our left and Momma was not happy we were between her and her other cub.The wife didn't see momma and couldn't comprehend our yelling to GO. We got moving and out of the situation. Only time I have seen bears up there on motorcycle.
Yup. Black bears are rarely aggressive. Cubs in tow you can be assured they will be on the offensive. That's what the Biologist at FWC told me during a call about them roaming the neighborhood.

Yes, a Wing is quiet. The day before I was up north of Asheville on a little road due west of Burnsville. The single lane road was snaking along the edge of what passes for a pasture or meadow. The road was about 10 or 20 feet above the elevation of the pasture down to the right and the mountainside was upslope on the left. The road formed a sort of ledge if you will and followed the natural curves of a creek. Ponder Creek Rd or Possum Trot Rd I think, it changes names along there. Vegetation covered the short downslope to the creek then the pasture. A big buck jumped up out of the vegetation and landed on the road about 20 feet in front of me. I covered the brakes but I was only going about 25 mph and it took no time to scrub off speed while he got out of the way and jumped up into the forested mountainside. When he landed on the road he couldn't get traction on the pavement and was running fast but moving slow. I have never seen a buck that big that close. It seemed like his hindquarter was taller than the front fairing of the Wing.

Had a truly splendid ride with my wife and our favorite riding partners yesterday on the K1600. Went up through Yarnell and Skull Valley into Prescott (AZ). Had some pie at a nice little hole-in-the-wall local pie shop / mini-cafe, then came home over the Spars and back through Yarnell. It was in the 60s for most of the ride, up to around 80 back at home. Beautiful riding weather!

Back