• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Mine get done every 2 years normally. The NC just got done at 1 1/2 years because it was in for tires, a chain and front brake pads, so it was a good time to have it done.

Ha found this old pic of me test riding a Niken when they first came out

GvpC3lph.jpg

I've ridden one. Felt normal as far as riding but it was huge. I found it interesting that although it has 3 wheels you still have to put your feet down at stops.

A good friend asked me to put some run in miles on his new CB500X. He is busy at this time of year and I am always glad to oblige on one of these bikes. I did about 300kms around my usual haunts on backroads yesterday. More tomorrow.

View attachment 51292

Following on from this report I now have 500kms on the CB. This is a brilliant backroads bike and I would love one. Such a willing motor it is almost "infectious" to use. The only snag is that to own one I would have to part with one of my existing bikes and I am not yet ready to do so :(

Rode the naked CB 1100 today. Such a great bike. 52 miles 66 degrees, sunny and very, very windy with wind gusts from 20-50 mph. Yee Haw! Had to dodge a lot of dead branches in the road. ..and lean a little bit at times lol.

That's impressive. I bet I haven't ridden 5 miles on a pedal bike since I got my first street motorcycle coming up on 58 years ago this May lol.

Picked up my Strom after a valve clearance check plus new chain and sprockets. Its now good for the Two up touring season ahead and for as long as I can manage its weight.

Picked up my Strom after a valve clearance check plus new chain and sprockets. It’s now good for the Two up touring season ahead and for as long as I can manage its weight.
The weight of the Strom up high was a dealbreaker for me. Because the bikes are similar [NC] in total weight it’s noteworthy.

The weight of the Strom up high was a dealbreaker for me. Because the bikes are similar [NC] in total weight it’s noteworthy.

I just have to be careful manhandling it. However once on the move its a delight to ride. Its the manhandling aspect that will eventually become a problem whenever that happens.

Post moved to new thread.

Last edited:
Post removed. No longer relevant.

Was it really necessary to edit then delete my post? Just moving your bicycle post to the correct forum would have followed custom.
I took your suggestion as a good one and immediately performed the post move. What you suggested was the way I should have posted in the first place. I had no idea it would upset you that I cleaned up this thread the way I did. I apologize, and I have restored your post as it was.

I had made a previous post in this thread that was also not appropriate for this thread and I have removed it, too.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Back