• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

PL14610
I've used those also on my Honda motorcycles over the years.

But beware.
Purolator changed the base plate on that filter a number of years ago.
They went from a concave base to a convex base.
The convex base will not seat properly any more on the motorcycle engine, and thus it will leak.
Thanks for that tip. I checked my stock of four PL14610 filters and they all have the concave base.

I totally forget about this issue, even though we discussed it in the past on this forum. https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/anybody-put-on-a-pl14610-oil-filter-lately.10575/

Tire weirdo alert. I'll always have a soft spot for a fat, new Michelin Pilot Power rear tire. Used to run these on the street on my sportbikes back in the day. First one of these I've bought in over 11 years. Nostalgic, to say the least. Rear was shot on the new bike when I got it. What a beautiful tire.

20210817_182432.jpg

20210817_182342.jpg

20210817_182353.jpg

20210817_164020.jpg

20210817_190708.jpg

20210817_183630.jpg

20210817_180153.jpg

20210817_191739.jpg

Tire weirdo alert. I'll always have a soft spot for a fat, new Michelin Pilot Power rear tire. Used to run these on the street on my sportbikes back in the day. First one of these I've bought in over 11 years. Nostalgic, to say the least. Rear was shot on the new bike when I got it. What a beautiful tire.

View attachment 46230

View attachment 46231

View attachment 46232

View attachment 46233

View attachment 46234

View attachment 46235

View attachment 46236

View attachment 46237
On my 2012 NC the combo that worked really well for me was a Michelin Pilot Road 3 on the front and Pilot Power 2CT on the back. Very confident and competent handling in the wet or dry. For some reason the same PR3 front paired with a PR3 rear completely changed the bike to one that required two or three course corrections when pressed hard in the corners. I guess the profile of the rear tire makes that much of a difference.

Moved our foreign exchange student into her dorm on campus today. Passed this on the way home. I really wanted to peak inside!

D1EA95FE-B08C-44B3-AC3E-ABC9A1C0ED3B.jpeg427FEEB8-F948-404F-9488-4C46F2C6319B.jpeg

Still don't have the FJ09 adapted for my leg, just riding it the best I can for now. Got out and went to Nightfall Friday night. This bike is really buzzy, like right hand goes numb and figers go to sleep riding on interstate. But it will do some sweet wheelies!

20210820_203649.jpg

20210820_203655.jpg

20210821_020741.jpg

20210820_213127.jpg

20210820_213144.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-151906_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-151918_Video Player.jpg

This bike is really buzzy, like right hand goes numb and figers go to sleep riding on interstate. But it will do some sweet wheelies!
My exact same observations after test riding an FJ09 Tracer.
I couldn't wait to get off of it.
A fun and amusing around town hooligan bike, but pretty much annoying for anything else.

My exact same observations after test riding an FJ09 Tracer.
I couldn't wait to get off of it.
A fun and amusing around town hooligan bike, but pretty much annoying for anything else.
Yeah, I'm on the fence about keeping it now. This is precisely why I didn't want to get rid of the street NC prior to buying and trying one out. Also, the power and wheelies, while still extremely fun to me, are seemingly valued less now at my age. It's been over 11 years since I've had anything with this kind of power, capable of hooning around on. I've just found myself thinking a little more about "what if I crash and get injured again, or worse....or get a ticket, go to jail, etc"

The NC is just so easy for me to ride, not to mention how smooth it rides, and the added functionality of the frunk. I'm really on the fence and must decide which way to go.

Sounds like you already made your decision. :)
As long as I've waited to find something I could halfway ride with power, I'm not gonna be quick to decide just yet. I just don't want to sink a lot of money into it adapting it and then sell it. I need to get my buddy to fab up some sort of a highway peg similar to what's on my NC's so that I can ride it more comfortably for a little bit longer and then make up my mind.

Yeah, I'm on the fence about keeping it now. This is precisely why I didn't want to get rid of the street NC prior to buying and trying one out. Also, the power and wheelies, while still extremely fun to me, are seemingly valued less now at my age. It's been over 11 years since I've had anything with this kind of power, capable of hooning around on. I've just found myself thinking a little more about "what if I crash and get injured again, or worse....or get a ticket, go to jail, etc"

The NC is just so easy for me to ride, not to mention how smooth it rides, and the added functionality of the frunk. I'm really on the fence and must decide which way to go.
I don't know about Alabama but it in FL it gets pretty expensive at 25 over the posted limit and we have the Wheelie/Stoppie surcharge of $1000 levied for riding a motorcycle on just one wheel.

As long as I've waited to find something I could halfway ride with power, I'm not gonna be quick to decide just yet. I just don't want to sink a lot of money into it adapting it and then sell it. I need to get my buddy to fab up some sort of a highway peg similar to what's on my NC's so that I can ride it more comfortably for a little bit longer and then make up my mind.
Can your buddy get rid of the annoying hand-numbing engine vibration?

I don't know about Alabama but it in FL it gets pretty expensive at 25 over the posted limit and we have the Wheelie/Stoppie surcharge of $1000 levied for riding a motorcycle on just one wheel.
So much for land of the free :rolleyes:

Here a wheelie will get you a reckless driving ticket. Back in my "prime" I received 4 reckless driving tickets in about a 15-16 month period. And those are just the times I wasn't able to outrun them. Lost my license for a few months, etc.

Here, people claim anything 25mph+ over the posted speed limit is also reckless driving, but reckless driving is solely at the officer's discretion. You can get a reckless driving ticket doing 40 in a 35 if the officer deems you were doing so recklessly. Just the same, they can write you an excessive speeding ticket for 20-30 over and it not be "reckless driving". All depends on the circumstances and the officer's mood.

I used to be a total idiot on a bike in my late teens and early 20's, I mean complete hellion. And had several buddies that were the same way. We used to raise so much hell, it's a wonder any of us are still alive. I kinda figured I would get back to some of it, but on a fractional level, because I still enjoy being a bit of a hooligan, but not as much as I used to I suppose. I guess I'm just getting old, aside from missing a leg. LOL

Yeah….I would take low end torque over high end buzz any day……but there is no substitute for good ole horse power!

If you like the NC, but trade the Tracer, take a look at one of these. Similar ergos to the NC, plenty of low end grunt, a shaft and 130HP.

F626EC4B-4FE4-4EF3-B6BA-0E77874609EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah….I would take low end torque over high end buzz any day……but there is no substitute for good ole horse power!

If you like the NC, but trade the Tracer, take a look at one of these. Similar ergos to the NC, plenty of low end grunt, a shaft and 130HP.

View attachment 46344
I've looked into them quite a bit, almost drove to Missouri to buy a new one on closeout too. I may look into getting one eventually, but I don't like the idea of it being so heavy. I mean, I have an 850 lb cruiser, not afraid of weight, just don't think it's practical for the kind of riding I like to do. But again, I've never ridden a VFRX, so I might ride one and fall in love with it, who knows. Lol

Back