• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Wow, congratulations on your state of matrimony! May you have many wonderful experiences together.
Thank you, kind sir! As much as we've done together over the past 1.5 years, I can't imagine all the things we'll have under our belts in the next 5-10 years. She's a keeper for sure. Last week was awesome, we made the most out of it!

Thank you, kind sir! As much as we've done together over the past 1.5 years, I can't imagine all the things we'll have under our belts in the next 5-10 years. She's a keeper for sure. Last week was awesome, we made the most out of it!
Keep first things first and in 5-10 years what you have might blow away what you think now that you will have then. Dream big and pray bigger.... Psalm 127:3

Those top ones are some truly great pics. Congrats Tacoma. My wife/riding partner and I have been married 47 years. wishing you the same happiness and adventure we have enjoyed.

Last edited:
A good wife will make you happier than money ever could!

Develop the relationship, they don't get better all on their own.

signed: 34 years and still going

Congratulations! The first 3 photos are beautiful (thanks largely to the Bride and the Nomad!) Seriously, they are quite expressive and artistic. If you don't copyright them, they may well end-up in a Kawasaki ad campaign someday.
Kudos to the photographer. Best Wishes for a Wonderful Life Together!

Congratulations! The first 3 photos are beautiful (thanks largely to the Bride and the Nomad!) Seriously, they are quite expressive and artistic. If you don't copyright them, they may well end-up in a Kawasaki ad campaign someday.
Kudos to the photographer. Best Wishes for a Wonderful Life Together!
Thanks everyone! And yes, the photographer done an amazing job. We paid extra for her (Elopement package) per the wife's request. Wife does photography on the side and specifically wanted this girl to do our pictures. I didn't figure it would matter, but agreed to help pay the extra. Then I saw the pics and was like, yep, I see why she wanted her to do them now LOL. We still haven't gotten all the pics yet, there are tons more. These are just a few of the previews she sent us while she works on the rest.

Me to, moved on from an fjr1300 Yamaha
I moved from a 1100 Rebel DCT for 2 reasons, first the cruise control, which was one of the reasons I bought the bike, never worked. Had it back to the dealer 3 times & they couldn't fix it & were waiting to hear back from corporate. I waited 3 weeks, no luck. The second reason was the angle of the foot pegs, I couldn't get comfortable, actually pretty painful in the hip flexer muscles. I rode the new NC home from the dealer, 35 miles, & the difference was night & day. Very comfortable for me, & the bike had plenty of power for a 70 year old. Looking forward to many happy years of ownership. This is bike # 19 after 50 years of riding.

This is a time I’ve been waiting for, for almost 17 years. A new aftermarket final drive arrived (yesterday) for my Goldwing 1800. This drive has different gears than stock, to revise the gearing on the ‘Wing. My biggest complaint with this motorcycle is that the gears are all too low. 5th is too low, 1st is too low. Five gears is fine; it doesn’t need six. What it needed was a taller final drive. And now I finally have it. This ratio should reduce highway RPM, and hopefully also make 1st gear into a usable gear.

This stock low gearing problem is one of those things that make me question what Honda engineers are thinking sometimes. With the stock gearing, you can easily be in top gear by 30 mph. Then the engine screams on the highway, the fuel economy probably suffers, and there is more wear on the engine (and the rider). I have a compact car with a smaller engine than the Goldwing’s, has the same redline, yet it turns lower RPM on the highway than the Goldwing does. I just don’t understand what the Honda designers were thinking. Honda addressed their self created problem by putting six gears on the new Goldwing (“ST1800”), but like I already said, it doesn’t need six gears at all, it just needs the right five. Honda never fixed the issue on the 1st gen 1800.

Anyway, later today I get to do my test ride. I expect it will feel like a new motorcycle.

3D1F18BC-CD8F-4C66-A0A9-FB051E095EA3.jpeg
7487CAD3-7232-4BA6-9BB9-8DF51D60E5B4.jpeg

I don't have a Goldwing but I rode one few times and this gearbox with its short ratios was really annoying to me. I'm curious to hear from you. about the RPM difference in 5th gear at highway speeds.

760 I have so much interest in this so am glued to reports and feedback . My problem is even worse it being a 14 Valkyrie as it will light up that rear wheel so quick and it sucks the gas at 80 and up .. Love the engine but geared way too low .
mind sharing what it cost ?

I had a Goldwing, and actually liked its gearing.
My favourite part was the roll-on passing power in 5th.
Never a need to downshift.
Also never a need to slip the clutch on that bike.
It would idle away from a stop with no throttle needed, even 2 up.

OK, the GL1800 modified final drive install is complete and the speedometer is recalibrated. I previously had a negative 5.0% speedometer correction programmed because the speedometer read too high. I reset and recalibrated the SpeedoDRD and now have a positive 14.5% correction programmed because the speedometer read too low. So there is about a 19.5% difference in the speedometer reading from before and after the regearing of the final drive. The rear tire is nearly new in both cases.

For some comparisons, before modification, 3000 RPM was 68 mph, now 3000 RPM is 81 mph. Before 60 mph was about 2650 RPM, now 60 mph is about 2200 RPM. What was fifth gear before is close to what fourth gear is now. But the amazing thing is that first gear pulls away just as easily from a stop, but you can actually accelerate in first gear for awhile, instead of having to shift up after the first 15 feet. Before it was almost better to leave from a stop in second gear, because first gear was almost useless.

I found out about this aftermarket drive last fall. I ordered and put down a deposit in January for a March delivery. I just got the drive this week. The delay problem is that the builder could not get parts like seals from Honda, possibly due to COVID related delays. I see he is not taking deposits right now, but he can probably be reached by phone and email if anyone has questions. The price is $1375, free shipping and no tax, and if you don’t want your old drive you can get $100 back for it. Expensive? I don’t think so. This is an entirely rebuilt final drive with new gears (with new teeth count) inside. It was worth every penny for me to get this Goldwing to finally ride like it always should have. Henry’s web site is shown below. There is also more information and feedback on some GL1800 forums.

Spent 7 days in North Carolina last week. Particularly Asheville and Brevard. Got married last Wednesday evening, and made some great pictures on the Nomad!

View attachment 45800

View attachment 45801

View attachment 45802

View attachment 45803

View attachment 45804

View attachment 45805

View attachment 45806

View attachment 45807

View attachment 45808
Congratulations to the two of you. 27 years here, 2 of them good. Entirely joking on the "2 of them good." Make an effort to make each other's lives better every day and you'll have a long happy one.

Nice bike, beautiful bride!

Back