• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Last Saturday, I helped my friend pick up his first motorcycle: A 2007 Honda VT600C - Shadow VLX.

Not at all my style of bike - cruisier, low down, short suspension, 35 deg rake angle, but I was all smiles test riding this thing around. Reminded me of learning to ride on my friend's 1980's CM200 "Twinstar".

I love how it is just a classic UJM - single gauge for speedo and miles, lights for neutral/hi-beam/oil/turn, and that's it. No bells and whistles. Not even a tachometer. Same exact engine as the XL600V Transalp.

Riding home from Oshkosh to Madison was brutal - 90 miles at 70 mph, 40 deg weather, I-43 and US-151 the whole way. No windshield or wind protection of any kind, only 4 gears, horrible seat. It was brutal. I loved every minute.

278129847_545966927045125_3815766384543703381_n.jpg

Took my ole trusty 2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard out for a 3 hour ride while real estate agents were showing my home....Move to Florida may be sooner than I expected....ole girl with 104,000+ miles (real close to 105,000) ran like a top...state highways, county roads, city streets.....keeps on chugging.

Took the CB 1100 out for 81 miles trying to pick up a CB 1100 photo challenge (I failed) and to find a new restaurant my daughter told me about in a few towns over. Failed on that one too lol, but had a good ride.

The CB 1100 forum photo challenge this month was an old prop driven plane. I had tried getting one the other day at the Tri State Warbird Museum which houses quite a few WW2 planes, but none were visible.

9JoDFgHh.jpg

FA3hbtNh.jpg

This morning I rode down to a small local airport and caught this one

qXE7DQkh.jpg

I'm at 65,000 miles on the CB

It calls for oil change every 4,000 and I change the filter with it (although it calls for 8,000 on the filter...same filter as the NC btw).

Got to admit I'm following the recommendation on the NC and it seems beyond weird to go 8,000 on oil and 16,000 on filters but I'm giving it a try lol.

It calls for oil change every 4,000 and I change the filter with it (although it calls for 8,000 on the filter...same filter as the NC btw).

Got to admit I'm following the recommendation on the NC and it seems beyond weird to go 8,000 on oil and 16,000 on filters but I'm giving it a try lol.
It does seem weird. I don't think I've gone beyond 6500 miles before but I'm trying hard with this one. At about 7000 miles now on current oil/filters. However I draw the line at running other people's used tires LOL.

That’s cool. The retro style CB calls for retro maintenance intervals, too!

Did a 150 mile round trip on my elderley NX650. Very enjoyable ride.

Put a new set of tires on Klaus the other day (K1600GTL). Was riding it to work this week. It's a surprisingly good option in warm weather (it was 100 here today) with my wetted LD Comfort shirt on under my jacket and the rear vents (only) open.

Today, Ruckus season began.

With warm weather here, today I prepped the two Rucki (plural of Ruckus?) for the season. The wife and I took a pleasant after dinner ride through our rural countryside. Her’s is the red, with the lowered seat; mine is what Honda calls “urban camo”. We look forward to many more scooter rides this summer.

E4708D54-9C93-4284-949B-7D1AFDA623C0.jpeg

Today, Ruckus season began.

With warm weather here, today I prepped the two Rucki (plural of Ruckus?) for the season. The wife and I took a pleasant after dinner ride through our rural countryside. Her’s is the red, with the lowered seat; mine is what Honda calls “urban camo”. We look forward to many more scooter rides this summer.

View attachment 49364
How're they on gravel or dirt roads ?

Back