• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

How're they on gravel or dirt roads ?
The tires are fine on unimproved roads but the suspension quality and amount of travel is poor. In typical Honda fashion, these scooters look more off-pavement capable than they really are.

My 650 Burgman sits waiting for mr to take it out because my NC700XD is out of commission or I need to haul a lot of groceries from HEB,

Just got back in town from a mc ride up the east coast with (2) of my CB 1100 buddies to collect 4 of the last five states I needed to complete having ridden in all of the lower 48 states. Rode in Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania
One state to go, North Dakota, and I am planning to get that next month. Thinking about taking the NC on that trip.

It was perfect weather for a camping ride, so I headed out for a two day ride on the Goldwing to a state park campground in Missouri. The weather was around 60 degrees F with lightly overcast skies to keep the burn of the sun away - my favorite riding weather.

2536C23E-DA3C-4560-9CDD-9C02EDC58608.jpeg

Finished tune-up and detail of my latest snag, 2005 BMW R1200RT. Flew to Eugene last week and rode her 400 miles back home the same afternoon. 17 years old and still rides nicer than many new bikes out there. I mentioned this in another post, but these bikes are clearly the best bang for the touring buck on the planet. Wife hates the "bitch-pad style" back seat on the NC...as does my 84yo dad. This bike will make them happy. Double the NC power, drive shaft with all the amenities makes this the touring bike in the garage. The NC will now stay local (one or two day radius) and will finally get the TKC 80's she deserves.
67504279965__904495FE-E505-4CA1-9790-666D5E6E50DA.jpg

How do you like that tire? Beefy/sticky looking thing.
I'm due on my '05 RT.
I have no reason to look elsewhere but as the Road 5 is replaced by the Road 6 they may become harder to find. A very good tire in all weathers and reasonably long miles and symmetrical wear. The weird lumpy wear patterns of the Pilot Road series were left behind with the Road 5. I get 12-13,000 miles out of a rear. These are the first tires I can remember getting less mileage out of the front which go 10 -11,000 miles.

I have no reason to look elsewhere but as the Road 5 is replaced by the Road 6 they may become harder to find. A very good tire in all weathers and reasonably long miles and symmetrical wear. The weird lumpy wear patterns of the Pilot Road series were left behind with the Road 5. I get 12-13,000 miles out of a rear. These are the first tires I can remember getting less mileage out of the front which go 10 -11,000 miles.
I just bought another RT and it's pilots are about 25% from done. Those Road 5's remind me of a pair of Avons I put on my vintage V45 Sabre. Thanks for the info.

Do bikes count? Finally got it from the back of the garage for the first time this year. Seems broke though, the hand grip won’t twist and make it go faster :)

Attachments

• 3A21E351-EBC8-4599-B0CC-819EDCE34AB5.jpeg
    3A21E351-EBC8-4599-B0CC-819EDCE34AB5.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 7
Took my 89 Dominator/NX 650 for a backroad spin. Discovered one of the original fork gaiters had split. Ordered up a new set of Original Honda items which were still available. They were expensive @ €111.00 including shipping However I can't complain given that apart from oil,filters and tyres, this is the only expense that the elderley NX has incurred during my almost 9 years of ownership. :)

The battery was replaced but cost me nothing as a spare from another bike did the job.

6000 mile service on the RT which is an oil/filter change, valve check & adjustment if needed (it wasn't), and check & adjustment of throttle body synchronization if needed (it wasn't).

Today I did another “daily ride” on the Zero DSR. Since I got back from riding the NC on the BRP a month ago, the NC has been parked. I did a camping trip on the Goldwing and did local riding on the scooter, but the go-to bike for “daily rides” 100 miles or less is the Zero DSR. Of the fleet, it is the most convenient and enjoyable to ride. Turn on the key, raise the stand, twist the throttle, and I’m gone without all the ICE drama, vibration, and noise.

4E57C08B-E71D-4CF2-84DC-42EFAE22587B.jpeg

Last edited:
Washed the Zero and did another “daily ride” today. “Daily rides” are my treat and a break from chores. Rides usually last about an hour and serve no purpose other than for me to ride. Photo attached.

E7CB5570-EA64-405E-8BB3-EAE1FA8CC85B.jpeg

You have a great stable of bikes 670cc
Thanks. I’m very happy with the collection due to it’s diversity. Riding different bikes brings fresh excitement with each ride; keeps riding from getting dull. Fortunately for my wallet’s sake, no new bikes on the market excite me right now. The next thing I see on the horizon is replacing the Ruckus (and the wife’s) with a similar but all electric scooter, if that should become available soon. The wife got excited last week about maybe buying a pair of new Honda Navis, but I said no way am I buying an old school carbureted internal combustion engine machine when electrics should be coming soon. A pair of electric scooters with maybe a minimum, honest 60 mile range would be perfect for our countryside rides.

Rode the CB for the first time in 2 weeks, since I got back from the East Coast trip. What a great motorvycle. Lubed the chain when I got home. Need to check tire pressures before heading to North Dakota next week.

Modern motorcycle are so nice.

Back