• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

Rode the CB for the first time in 2 weeks, since I got back from the East Coast trip. What a great motorvycle. Lubed the chain when I got home. Need to check tire pressures before heading to North Dakota next week.

Modern motorcycle are so nice.
Are you going through or to Natstoc next week on your way to ND? It's in Spearfish, SD. I have wanted to go to that Stoc for years but something always gets in the way.

Are you going through or to Natstoc next week on your way to ND? It's in Spearfish, SD. I have wanted to go to that Stoc for years but something always gets in the way.
Just a loop from home to Indiana to Ill, to Wisconsin to Mn to Fargo ND to SD to Mn to Wi to Ill, to Ind and back to Ohio. I need to ride into ND to pick up the remaining state in the lower 48. Already ridden in all the rest.

We spent a week in Spearfish last year and managed to ride in the Badlands and through Custer State Park on a borrowed CB1100. They were awesome. Going back in Sept in the car to catch Wind Cave Natl Park which we missed last year then heading on to the Tetons and then drive Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph (which we have ridden on my ST 1300) if they are open.

Last edited:
Got back from N Dakota trip on the CB about an hour and a half ago. 2022 miles of riding in 9 days. Think I hit about 9 states Oh, Ky, Ind, Ill, Wi, Minn, N Dak, S Dak, and Iowa. Had no idea Wisconsin had such nice roads. Wow, I was impressed with the roads in the Dells and Driftless areas. So with the earlier trip to the East Coast last month, I have now ridden in all of the lower 48 states. Mission finally accomplished after all these years!

Next month I will take the NC on a trip to SE Ohio to ride Ohio's Windy 9 for a week.

Got back from N Dakota trip on the CB about an hour and a half ago. 2022 miles of riding in 9 days. Think I hit about 9 states Oh, Ky, Ind, Ill, Wi, Minn, N Dak, S Dak, and Iowa. Had no idea Wisconsin had such nice roads. Wow, I was impressed with the roads in the Dells and Driftless areas. So with the earlier trip to the East Coast last month, I have now ridden in all of the lower 48 states. Mission finally accomplished after all these years!

Next month I will take the NC on a trip to SE Ohio to ride Ohio's Windy 9 for a week.

Super happy that you achieved your goal!

Wisconsin Dells? Just north of there is where I had my second home. Most underrated are of the country for natural beauty. At least it was.

Super happy that you achieved your goal!

Wisconsin Dells? Just north of there is where I had my second home. Most underrated are of the country for natural beauty. At least it was.
Thanks, yes it's a beautiful area. We spent 2 nights at a friend's house in Baraboo if you know where that is. Home of Ringling Brothers Circus and Museum. I hear winters are hard up there though lol. Our friends from Baraboo spend 6the winter months of the year in their house on the west coast of Florida lol.

Thanks, yes it's a beautiful area. We spent 2 nights at a friend's house in Baraboo if you know where that is. Home of Ringling Brothers Circus and Museum. I hear winters are hard up there though lol. Our friends from Baraboo spend 6the winter months of the year in their house on the west coast of Florida lol.
What a small world! If your friends have been there for years, we probably know one another. My dad built the house 50 years ago and we knew just about everyone around from Baraboo to Adams Friendship.

Winters are rough but fantastic ice fishing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling. I only miss the Ice fishing.

I rode the Zero DSR, as I do daily when I have opportunity. It has been hot this summer. The Zero is convenient, smooth, quiet, and doesn’t generate heat (as an engine would) to make the ride even hotter. I have kept the Zero wind management so as to offer the most air flow to the rider compared to my other bikes. It is my preferred summer ride.

There is no need to divert off route to a nearby town to buy gasoline. Refueling conveniently takes place at home and takes just a few seconds of my time to plug in the power cord.

I like it.

418C344F-895D-4297-9201-D0BD3CB9394A.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of pics from yesterdays spin across the country (Ireland). A very hot day by normal standards for us. 33C was recorded today and I understand it is the highest in 130 years. Needless to say this is frigid by the standards of some countries but nonetheless very hot for folks not used to it.

IMG_3265.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

A couple of pics from yesterdays spin across the country (Ireland). A very hot day by normal standards for us. 33C was recorded today and I understand it is the highest in 130 years. Needless to say this is frigid by the standards of some countries but nonetheless very hot for folks not used to it.

View attachment 49902

View attachment 49903
That’s some beautiful riding country, and it’s looks like you have it all to yourself. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Try to stay cool.

I took my vfr750 out for a spin today. Rode over to a place on Lake Ontario which has a diner with a patio. Enjoyed a relaxing meal, then returned home. Not a long ride but an enjoyable one.

For all its sporty riding position this for me is the most comfortable and best bike I’ve ever owned. It’s reasonably fast, handles well, has soft but compliant suspension and a great engine. It’s got 70,000 kilometres on it, and for the life of me I can’t understand why it has 27 year old suspension which is better than my 2021 Nc.

There are some bikes that tick all the boxes, and my vfr does just that.

It’s got 70,000 kilometres on it, and for the life of me I can’t understand why it has 27 year old suspension which is better than my 2021 Nc.

I have a 33 year old NX650 with old style forks and a reasonably good shock. It also outshines my more modern bikes when it comes to plush and compliant suspension. As far as I am concerned, modern low priced Hondas have far too much compression and rebound damping factored into OEM shocks.

Got the old Big Burgy out of the garage--probably first time in a year--checked tire pressure--rear was about flat --Fired it up and rode around he neighborhood---now do I keep it or start thinning the herd???-the Honda Ascot with the bad starter will probably go for sure. The Burgman 650 is still fun to ride and it is very highway capable--bought it back before I got my hips fixed--and I am still thinking about a small bike like a RE Himalayan or little KTM390Duke

Got it ready for an 1800Km trip next week over 6 days on backroads with some friends. New tyres, new fork gaiters, cleaned air filter, adjusted stem head bearings, lubed various items/pivots etc. It will be the oldest bike there by a big margin so hopefully all will be well with it.

IMG_3303.JPG

Following on from my post above the journey has been completed. The bike covered the journey easily in much more powerful company and one smaller CRF. There is only so much You can do with 100+ hp on the rough backroads and twisty b roads that we covered so a meagre 44bhp with very nimble handling was more than sufficient. We had one really wet day but again the old NX was unfazed. Some photos from the trip.

IMG_3336.JPG

IMG_3346.JPG

IMG_3352.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

Rode to the Folkston Funnel this morning. 40 to 60 trains pass this mural every day. The air conditioning in my house is not working and it was 88 degrees in the house at dawn. The broken part is arriving today but it's been a very hot three days. I left at dawn and went straight into thick forested areas where the temperature was 73 - 75 degrees. It was heavenly. I'm back home waiting on the HVAC technician.

IMG_2301.jpg

Got the C50 Boulevard out. I was going to ride to cedar key, but storm system was over in that area this morning, so I was headed to Palatka. I got to orange springs and weather turned nasty with lightening. Turned around and got to fort McCoy and monsoon rain. The bike and myself got a good shower. Turned back west and out of rain. Got home and not a drop (and need it here). Good ride though.

Just got back from a camping trip with the wife. We took the two Rucki along, and rode them about 120 miles in the park and surrounding area. Also did some walking and kayaking. The weather was beautiful. By the way, each Ruckus took one gallon to fill after riding 120 miles.

Now I’m loading up the CRF250L Rally for more camping and some backroads riding in Indiana. Low dew point and OK temperatures predicted for this week.

I fired up and rode the CB today. What a wonderful motorcycle. Each time I ride it reminds me why I call it the pleasure horse (the NC is the quarter horse ... my old FJR was the work horse)

I fired up and rode the CB today. What a wonderful motorcycle. Each time I ride it reminds me why I call it the pleasure horse (the NC is the quarter horse ... my old FJR was the work horse)
The CB1100 is one I would really like to try. Other than more power, how would you compare it to the NC?

Back