• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What do you do for a living?

Semi-retired Professor of Agriculture. I have a doctorate in entomology (hence the name). I'm out of academia now and am a full time paint contractor. Painting is much more rewarding but not as steady.
Mike

Semi-retired Professor of Agriculture. I have a doctorate in entomology (hence the name). I'm out of academia now and am a full time paint contractor. Painting is much more rewarding but not as steady.
Mike
You're in the southern ozarks. Know much about Katydids?

MRI/CT Field Service Engineer for Major OEM.

Craig

Whoa! We have the same occupation! Are we working for the same or a different OEM? I'll PM you and we can compare notes and share corporate secrets! :rolleyes:

Greg

Last edited:
In October this year I will have completed 30 years service as a Police Officer, currently on Air Support and have been doing that since 2004, I did 20 years on the streets before that.

I'm blown away reading this and seeing the diversity of the owners of our beloved NC's. I'm a disabled vet that had 6 years at sea with the US Navy working with the most advanced weapons systems they had before transferring to the Army and being a member of pistol and rifle team for a time before the crap started hitting the fan (sand). I still am not comfortable talking about how ended up with the injuries, still upset that after 10 years of service and I couldn't get them to let me fly a desk till I could retire. I had grown up on military bases and it was all I knew. Traveled the world and visited or lived in a total of 67 countries during my life so far, would love to see some more. After I was discharged I started working in Electro-Hydraulic design and repair, I made good money and the wife was happy, so I quit and went to work as a radio DJ so I could be poor. By an odd fluke I did some TV production on the side and fell into some nice Television jobs and found I had a knack for all phases of production. Ended up working on some major shows going from studio cameraman, working my way up to the Directors chair. I collected five A.A. and A.A.S. degrees, because I have A.D.D. or something and I get bored with the same old studies about the time I get that far along. After awhile the old injuries made normal working hours nearly impossible, so nowadays I take care of my elderly parents and try to freelance in a market were there is no production going on (beating a dead horse). So I take my father fishing, fiddle around with projects around the house and the boat, build custom wine racks on the side and ride as much as the time will allow. I try to get at least a short ride in every day, year round, the best reason to live in southwest Florida.

Last edited:
Well I call myself a Truck driver,,but the truth is I have not driven a Truck in 4 years.I can find work as a Trucker,but not find a good job.I,m not prepare to take any shit job at my age...Sooooooo I am driving a Bus in London.The work is alot easier and alot less hours ,and I kind of like meeting and joking with different people(thou I do meet plenty shits,but hey I give as good as I get) I live and work in London but my home is in Lincolnshire(up north) and thrash the NC between the two.. Take Care....

Up til recently, I used to work in a Swiss bank who is accustomed to hiding zillions of USD for rich and dirty US citizens.
The recent tirade and onslaught by Barack Obama made the Swiss banking sector shudder with fear and they started laying off good people, including intelligent but lazy guys like moir.
Thank you Obama.

All I do nowadays is surf net and play my new electric guitar, hose down my bike and pretend to be employed so that my mum does not ask any difficult questions.
:(

I sometimes make myself believe I am retired. I need to buy some Lottery tickets now. Then I can retire.

Once when I was, uh, underemployed, my neighbor gave me a tee shirt.
It had a photo of Dogbert on it.
Above the photo it said,
"I'm not unemployed, I'm a consultant."

You could hang up a shingle advising Europe's unemployed
how to look gainfully employed to their mum's and friends. ;)

I work in IT for a Fortune 100 company here in Silicon Valley. I don't get to put my hands on the hardware, since I'm in management these days. I oversee budget, projects, proposals, and these days try to come up with cost saving strategies.... and try to make people who are unhappy with their computers happy again. I called myself Ratchet because I like to tinker with things. My husband and I are retiring within the year, and it's off to Alaska on our bikes! Item #1 on the bucket list!

Last edited:
I'm a Buyer, yes I simply pretty much buy stuff!

I work for an 'IT Reseller' who sells IT Infrastructure solutions such as IBM, HP, Microsoft, Cisco brands mainly but also include quite a few others.

However, I am only '20' and got into it by pure coincidence though,I love what I do, so much so that I am currently Studying with the
'Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply' to gain full professional status, so far so good!15 more exams to go until then and a whole loads of miles on the NC! ;)

** Update, I'm currently at 20,958 MILES on the NCX and all is going pretty well! Despite some corrosion! (UK Weather) **

Fascinating scope of careers :D

My meaningless, no-title, tiny cubical job has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, other than I make just barely enough to get by, and usually have occasional free time to play on the internet, lol.

If I don't drop dead or the company goes under, only 16 or so more years of deadly dull drudgery before I can retire and live on cat food! Yaaay.

Fascinating scope of careers :D

My meaningless, no-title, tiny cubical job has no redeeming qualities whatsoever, other than I make just barely enough to get by, and usually have occasional free time to play on the internet, lol.

If I don't drop dead or the company goes under, only 16 or so more years of deadly dull drudgery before I can retire and live on cat food! Yaaay.

L.B.S.- Vancouver is a retirement town ! But, the rich are taking over and the housing is gone to the roof. First time I was up your ways was during the expo. Went back last year and lots of changed.

Ken

Back